Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thrush and HRT.  (Read 3037 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thrush and HRT.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »

An alteration in vaginal secretions may well encourage thrush.  4 me it was intense itchiness, high up almost behind the belly button it felt like.  That was after I stopped taking The Pill so definitely hormones involved.

LIVE yoghurt: eaten and applied.  It cleanses the entire digestive tract - Candida lives in the bowel and thrives on sugars. 

Get some vaginal atrophy treatment anyway.  It may help ease the symptoms of thrush.  The idea being to use VA treatment nightly for 2-3 weeks : Ovestin or Vagifem : then several times a week.  Improves the internal moisture.  As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out.

Let us know how you get on.  Upping from 2 to 6 seems a huge jump to me, the body won't know if it's flying a bike or riding a kite ;-)

joziel

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2022, 09:32:08 AM »

Yes, I agree CLKD. I have been using YES VM internally 2x a day (morning and before bed) and haven't had any more of the thicker glue-like discharge I'd been occasionally getting, since I started that.

I don't know if it was due to VA (and is better because moisturised) or if it was due to too acidic pH (vaginitis) - and has got better because YES VM is the correct pH for the vagina. Either way, it is really helping and doesn't need a prescription...

Peanut31

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2022, 08:20:50 PM »

Thanks for everyone’s help.

Best wishes
Peanut31

sheila99

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2022, 10:58:17 PM »

Look up how to treat persistent thrush. I think it's 3 doses a fortnight apart but it's some years since I had it and I may have remembered incorrectly. You can buy generic oral fluconazole cheaply on the internet. A single dose didn't cure mine. Mine was cyclical and came on every month between ovulation and bleeding. There can also be a medical reason that makes you prone to it, sorry I can't remember what it is but they tested me for something. Make sure your partner is treated too. You could try a sexual health clinic if your gp isn't helping, they may have more experience of things that feel like thrush but aren't such as vulval eczema, psoriasis or lichen schlerosus.
  I agree with the advice about 6 pumps gel. Unless you're not absorbing it this is a very high dose and definitely too big an increase.

Gilla999

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 09:50:59 AM »

Just to add that I have recently had a bout of Thrush for the first time in decades - and I only ever got it in the past because of taking antibiotics. For me, my Estrogen being too high (especially in relation to my Progesterone) is what I believe has caused it (there's quite a bit of info online about Estrogen being a catalyst for it). It might not be the same reason for you Peanut, as things differ so much from person to person... but thought it was worth mentioning.

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/pdf/S2211-1247(21)01683-1.pdf
Pages: 1 [2]