Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Period every 16 days  (Read 777 times)

Hockeychic

• First Flush
Period every 16 days
« on: July 30, 2022, 02:12:00 PM »

Hi I've been on Everol Sequi for about a year now and had settled to getting a period between 28-33 days or so when Conti last patch put on and before Everol 50 cycle starts again but last 2 months have had a period every 26 days so last 50 patch put on yesterday and bled today ..any ideas please I'll be 53 next week. Have really felt a huge difference since taking these patches.. thus happened at the start last year but had settled down . Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Period every 16 days
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 03:16:05 PM »

Firstly have a lovely birthday  🥳 🎉

Could your natural cycle be over riding the HRT?

Hockeychic

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 03:35:07 PM »

Thankyou...Who knows... my last period before starting HRT  in August 2021was December 2020 was 394 days since the last one but was put on Everol Sequi because had had the period in the  December then obviously since starting the Sequi Patches have had a period every month since ..May have to contact Dr  if doesn't settle down in next month or so.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 04:26:56 PM »

I would try resetting your hrt so you start oestrogen on day 1 (first day of your bleed). I had the same problem on evorel sequi, I found oestrogel/utro better as it was easier to keep the hrt cycle in step with my own.

joziel

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 08:11:36 PM »

If this doesn't completely confuse everyone, it's what Prof Prior recommends doing with progesterone and can help you get it back in sync: https://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/resources/cyclic-progesterone-therapy

She uses 300mg, but just ignore that. I don't know how you can do this if you have combined patches though, rather than separate progesterone and estrogen...