Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Still no new HRT (blood clot) + 3 month antibiotics-UPDATE  (Read 626 times)

Pixielilac

Still no new HRT (blood clot) + 3 month antibiotics-UPDATE
« on: July 24, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »

So I broke my toe and got a blood clot, now I have been taken off tablet HRT.
The DVT nurse emailed my doc to tell him I can have transdermal HRT, he has written to Haemotology 2 almost 3 weeks ago waiting to see if they agree I can back on HRT.
I had a face to face appointment with doc on Friday, he’s told me I might not be able to go back on HRT not EVER ,even after blood clot treatment is finished.
I am gutted. The hot sweats are back with a vengance, I’m tearful, my VA seems worse.
He looked at my last wee sample(yet another one) result and it is positive, not borderline as I was told.
So he has put me on a week of co acloxicav and after a week of that 1 a night for 3 months.
I said I am upping my use of Ovestin he said I shouldn’t do that.
I am so fed up with this, I am thinking I will ring the DVT nurses tomorrow as they were very sympathetic when I said I had been taken off HRT by a different doctor and they said it’s ridiculous and I can have HRT as long as it’s not a tablet, and I am going to ask the DVT nurse to please speak to haemotolgy in the hope they can convince them that I can gave HRT.
So fed up with this.
I work in an air conditioned shop and every day I have to wash my work uniform because it literally sticks with to me with sweat, my mood is low, my VA is bad, sick of it all😢
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 09:03:32 AM by Pixielilac »

Limpy

Re: Still no new HRT (blood clot) + 3 month antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 02:13:16 PM »

Give the DVT nurses a ring.
I think it is generally accepted that transdermal HRT is kinder in that it doesn't have to be processed by the liver.
I had migraines before I started HRT and had assumed that meant no HRT but my GP took the view that patches would be ok.
Or it might be worth having a word with one of the other GPs at the practice, you may get more sensible one.
Good luck!

Pixielilac

Re: Still no new HRT (blood clot) + 3 month antibiotics-UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »

Thankyou for your reply. I rang the DVT nurse yesterday, she was annoyed that this is still dragging on and sent an email to Haemotolgy and to my doctor.
I had a phone call from the docs today to say they have heard back from Haemotology (surprise surprise lol) and I can have HRT and to carry on with the gel and Utrogestan, the Utrogestan I was taken off around 5 years ago as I didn’t get on with it and put back on about a month ago and again couldn’t tolerate. I said to the receptionist I want to speak to my doc as I don’t get on with Utrogestan and of course there are no telephone appointments left.
She said ‘You can have this, it’s a gel’ I said it’s the Utrogestan I don’t get on with.
So I said I want to speak to someone else, this is ridiculous as I had a conversation with my doc about patches about 3/4 weeks ago when I was taken off HRT and if I got put back on HRT and surprisingly I have to speak to my own doc.
I am at work soon so will have to ring tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:57 PM »

Get an appt to a dedicated Menopause Clinic?

Chasing results seems to be 'normal' in the NHS - 3 years ago DH injured his knee; took 2 weeks to speak to a GP who recommended an X-ray which he had the same afternoon.  Result came back 'no treatment required': did any1 let him know?   Nope.  The report was filed without the diagnosis being passed on.  He then had to ring the surgery etc., etc.,; took 5 weeks to get the result over the phone!!

Pixielilac

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 06:18:31 PM »

CLKD that is awful!
I have looked at my online doctors notes and a prescription for HRT patches has been done 🎉 No phone call from the surgery to let me know but there you go.