Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone had this? Please help x  (Read 1391 times)

Sjb-1969

Anyone had this? Please help x
« on: July 25, 2022, 05:49:02 PM »

Hi everyone. Could I ask if anyone else has had the same as me please?
I was doing brilliantly on everol sequi but started to get flushes and other symptoms appear again. Gutted as I was doing so well.

Spoke to GP who has now put me on everol 75.
I’m on my 7th week and have been ok but in the last week I’ve now started to feel physical sensations of anxiety/panic feelings, chest pain at times, heady/headache/eye pain and tired.

Am I on too much estrogen do you think? Should I reduce? I’ll obviously contact my GP about this, but I’m away on holiday so can’t do it until I get back.

Anyone else had these symptoms? Thanks

Dotty

Re: Anyone had this? Please help x
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 05:50:32 PM »

Hi are you using a progesterone too ? x

Poppy61

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »

Hello I'm on Evorel 50 and after roughly 5 months, my hands and generally muscle heaviness has suddenly reappeared. After responses to my post on here, I decided to up my dose  (which I am doing gradually) to 62.5, as I think I now need more oestrogen.

If you were on 50 previously (?), maybe try doing the same and increase gradually, rather than jumping straight to a 75. It may be too much, too soon. Dotty who has also posted here for you, made me realise that we need patience whilst working out our best levels. Slowly does it and good luck! x

Sjb-1969

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »

Hi are you using a progesterone too ? x

Yes I am.  X

Sjb-1969

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 07:06:37 PM »

Hello I'm on Evorel 50 and after roughly 5 months, my hands and generally muscle heaviness has suddenly reappeared. After responses to my post on here, I decided to up my dose  (which I am doing gradually) to 62.5, as I think I now need more oestrogen.

Has this been done by cutting down the patches?, x
If you were on 50 previously (?), maybe try doing the same and increase gradually, rather than jumping straight to a 75. It may be too much, too soon. Dotty who has also posted here for you, made me realise that we need patience whilst working out our best levels. Slowly does it and good luck! x

Sjb-1969

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 07:07:23 PM »

Do you do this by cutting down the patches to reduce? X

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 08:50:47 PM »

If 50 worked well for you for ages (that's the amount in sequi), but then wasn't enough... and 75 is giving you symptoms of too much (which is what those sound like), then try 62.5.

You can cut an estrogen-only patch, yes.

I have PhD level patch cutting skills by this point, but only with Estradots and the best way to cut Evorels might be different...

If it were an Estradot... assuming it's a 75 patch, get your ruler out and measure it in mms. Divide whatever many mms it is, into 3 - because each third will be 25 and of course two thirds will be 50.

Then divide the remaining third (25mcg) in half, to get 12.5mcg - put some dots on the patch with a biro and cut.

Then in future, ask your doctor for 50s and 25s. Because then you can just cut a 25 in half and use a 50 and half a 25, to make 62.5. Which is much easier. Save the other half of the 25 for when you change the patch next time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 08:52:48 PM by joziel »

Poppy61

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 09:30:42 PM »

Yes, I cut my combined patches. If you look on the Evorel website, it gives you a diagram of how to cut. Its on the diagonal rather then straight across. I'm currently cutting one 50 patch into 4 and  I'm going to increase to 75 if symptoms do not go after a few weeks. Let us know how you get on x

Poppy61

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2022, 09:37:02 PM »

If your Evorel patch is oestrogen only (sequi?), I'm sure someone will be able to assist you with the progesterone increase that you will need to match any patch increase. X

Sjb-1969

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2022, 10:53:27 PM »

If 50 worked well for you for ages (that's the amount in sequi), but then wasn't enough... and 75 is giving you symptoms of too much (which is what those sound like), then try 62.5.

You can cut an estrogen-only patch, yes.

I have PhD level patch cutting skills by this point, but only with Estradots and the best way to cut Evorels might be different...

If it were an Estradot... assuming it's a 75 patch, get your ruler out and measure it in mms. Divide whatever many mms it is, into 3 - because each third will be 25 and of course two thirds will be 50.

Then divide the remaining third (25mcg) in half, to get 12.5mcg - put some dots on the patch with a biro and cut.

Then in future, ask your doctor for 50s and 25s. Because then you can just cut a 25 in half and use a 50 and half a 25, to make 62.5. Which is much easier. Save the other half of the 25 for when you change the patch next time.
[/quo

Thank you so much. Why does it always seem to be 62.5 that people recommend? X

Sjb-1969

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2022, 10:55:18 PM »

Yes, I cut my combined patches. If you look on the Evorel website, it gives you a diagram of how to cut. Its on the diagonal rather then straight across. I'm currently cutting one 50 patch into 4 and  I'm going to increase to 75 if symptoms do not go after a few weeks. Let us know how you get on x

Thank you xx

Stella2

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 09:01:39 AM »

Sorry Sjb-1969, I hope you don't mind if I ask Joziel how she calculates cut on Estradot patches considering that the corners are rounded so there is a bit less estradiol at the ends? I also think that 75 is a bit too high for me because my breasts started being sore so I am cutting just the rounded end.

joziel

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2022, 10:31:55 AM »

Stella, I cut them as I just described above. Sorry, can't describe it any better than that! Measure the length of it and cut off what you want.

Stella2

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 08:23:31 AM »

Thank you  :)