Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 714 times)

Netty15

• First Flush
Is this normal?
« on: July 25, 2022, 11:14:53 AM »

Thinking I may have started peri menopause  but not sure as I don't seem to have the "traditional" symptoms and am becoming anxious and worried.

My periods over the last 2 years have come closer together (every 20 to 25 days) and last for 4 days and a regular flow. Then 5 months ago I had a period that lasted a day and was extremely light flow. I thought strange and thought nothing more of it. 10 days later I started to bleed again, extremely heavy and went through so many pads and flooding all my clothes. I could not leave the house and didn't want to walk as I bleed with every step. Lasted 5 days. GP said could be peri menopause and if I had another period like this they could give me something to slown the flow.  The period stopped after 6 days and   for the next 3 months to my relief normal ish periods.

Then  26th June, my period came a week early but very light, so light I could of got away with no protective pad, I only knew I was bleeding when I wiped. After 14 days of bleeding I finally got a GP telephone appointment,  she seemed concerned and asked me to go in for blood tests and would send me for a scan. I had bloods (all clear, nothing to worry about acording to GP reception) and Still awaiting scan. I stoped bleeding on day for 3 days then I started bleeded again with the same light flow. Its been 9 days of this but then it h changed to what feels like a normal period but lots of clots. I'm full of anxiety and worry and wanted to reach out and see if this sounds normal to anyone?

I'm 47 and the GP mentioned it's a bit early for menopause

Dotty

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 12:25:34 PM »

Hi welcome to the forum.

Yes that all sounds normal for peri menopause and you are the right age for peri menopause. Periods can get lighter or heavier and nearer together or further apart. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 02:05:46 PM »

Your GP needs to put head down loo and hold the flush down  >:(

Which is why MM is so important for ladies ......... who have GPs that still think such an antiquated idea.  Browse round.  'traditional symptoms' might be?

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains we all as the body may become dry: inside and out.  My periods waxed and waned for years until I reached menopause (last monthly period). Sometimes Mother Nature throws a curved ball so we have to begin counting from day 1.

Your pattern is similar to how mine was in the early months of peri  ::)

No girl is too young for menopause: some girls have 1 period and nothing more, even rarely some girls never bleed at all.  That varies throughout woman kind ........ there is also the daisy website for 'early' menopause.  Let us know how you get on.

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first. 

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 04:16:23 PM »

Your GP needs to put head down loo and hold the flush down  >:(

??? ??? Why?

The G.P organised blood tests & a scan, What did she forget CLKD? I'm baffled again CLKD (doesn't take much these days).  :)

ATB

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 05:19:49 PM »

You’re not too young for perimenopause at all, the average start is around 45, if you’re 45 and over the guidelines for our GPs to follow are that they diagnose by symptoms ( listed on the NICE menopause guidelines our GPs should be following ). Your GP did send you for bloods and scans which is good. You can discuss options to manage perimenopause with your GP. Do you have other symptoms indicating perimenopause?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 07:50:38 PM »

For Cazikins: I'm 47 and the GP mentioned it's a bit early for menopause

joziel

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 08:36:48 PM »

I was 43yo when I first went to my male GP about peri symptoms. He said I was 'too young' and then said 'and what would I do anyway, if it were peri-menopause, put you on HRT?' and laughed as if this was ridiculous.

I mean...  ::) ::)

Which is all to say, of course you're not too young.