Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nights sweats are back  (Read 967 times)

Bluesmoneypot

• First Flush
Nights sweats are back
« on: July 25, 2022, 05:32:07 AM »

So I'm just coming to the end of my first month of HRT , patches and 14 days of 200mg of Estradiol . The first two weeks my nights disappeared completely but I'm now coming to the end of my first 14 Day break and last 3-4 night I'm waking up with sweats round back of my neck , chest , back of knees and stomach. Is this normal? Is it due to the 14 day break or have my hormones not yet adjusted to HRT ? 

Taz2

Re: Nights sweats are back
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 07:27:13 AM »

Hi. Do you mean you had a break from the patches? Also, you should be adding in a progesterone for the last two weeks of patches not estradiol. Could you explain a little more. I'm confused but it doesn't take much  ;D

Bluesmoneypot

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »

Hi, sorry  I'm still getting used to it all and my mind isn't as sharp some days  :( so I wear a Femseven 50 patch every week and take 200mg of utrogestan for 14 days and then break for 14 days.
I'm on day 13 of my progesterone break and I was wondering will I get the sweats during this break ?

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 10:50:49 PM »

You shouldn't get sweats during the progesterone break. It is usually the oestrogen contained in the patch, which you use continuously without a break, which controls the hot sweats.

Taz x

joziel

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 12:22:52 PM »

Whilst it is usually the estrogen, actually progesterone can help with this. That's why Lara Briden's approach is to start by giving women progesterone by itself for night sweats and to see if that helps... and only if not (or other symptoms) to add in estrogen. Which is all to say - progesterone itself can help with night sweats, especially during peri... because the first stage of peri is low progesterone and high or fluctuating estrogen.