Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Genetic chromosome condition  (Read 6822 times)

Uptick

Re: Genetic chromosome condition
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »

High FSH blood test results would confirm you have premature ovarian insufficiency.

Kady2022

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2022, 08:16:26 PM »

I’ve done a fsh test at home or should I say several and they have all come back positive

Uptick

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2022, 01:32:16 PM »

Hi Kady, all FSH tests will be positive. You need to go to your GP and ask for FSH and estradiol blood tests. This will have to be repeated in 2 to 4 weeks. If estradiol is consistently low and FSH consistently high, you will be diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Insufficiency and your GP will prescribe you HRT. The fact that you have a genetic translocation doesn't change that, but it is a good reason to perform the tests IF your GP is reluctant.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2022, 01:43:16 PM »

What would you like to learn?  You have an apparently complex question so starting new threads is unlikely to draw any other responses  :-\

Uptick

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2022, 01:30:02 PM »

Hi again Kady, I hope you can sort it soon. I'm sure there are other woman out there with the same questions, balanced translocations are very common amongst cases of infertility. Maybe you will have more replies on forums like mumsnet. Keep us posted.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2022, 02:01:25 PM »

I've been on MM for many years and don't remember your type of query.

Kady2022

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:15 PM »

I've been on MM for many years and don't remember your type of query.

I have posted its under womens health

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2022, 08:41:05 AM »

:-\

I have been here for many years and there hasn't been your type of query other than your questions in your threads, there are no other threads when I searched MM Forum.

Kady2022

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »

:-\

I have been here for many years and there hasn't been your type of query other than your questions in your threads, there are no other threads when I searched MM Forum.

I did post it

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2022, 12:23:30 PM »

Via the Forum search facility there are no historical threads regarding your chromosome condition, any Members who have similar would by now have responded.  I suggest as others have, that you contact your GP to get a referral to an appropriate Consultant. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 02:54:57 PM by CLKD »

Marchlove

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2022, 12:40:05 PM »

CLKD - can’t you leave Kady alone. She’s a new member and deserves more respect. Your attitude is not good for other new members to see.
It’s not bothering anyone else so if it’s bothering you, just don’t read them or post on them.

Ayesha

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2022, 01:33:27 PM »

I really, really didn't want to comment but CLKD I believe your behaviour here is very much out of order towards a fellow member of the forum, you have no idea the anguish the original poster might or might not be going through.

You are not a moderator its not your place to dictate to others how they post new threads.

Kady2022

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2024, 11:30:51 AM »

Hi Kady, the short answer to your question is no, you are not predisposed to have an early menopause due to being a carrier of a balanced translocation, and the key word here is 'balanced'. If that's your case, it means you have one or two chromosomes that have a piece of DNA in a different position, but it doesn't code any genetic material, that's why you don't have any symptoms or signs related to the translocation, but when your cells undergo meiosis in order to produce eggs, some of the eggs are going to lack important genetic material and when fertilised they will end up in miscarriage or stillbirth. It's very rare for a translocation to affect a gene and when it does it's going to produce symptoms and in some cases these will be related to reproduction, as in translocations affecting the X chromosome or genes in other chromosomes that are important for reproduction, and in these cases premature ovarian failure or early menopause can occur, but this is extremely rare. This article explains this in more detail. https://bnrc.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s42269-021-00523-z

I've just read your other posts and it looks like you are having symptoms of an early menopause. In that case it would be easier to tell if it could be related to the translocation if you could specify which translocation you have.

balanced chromasome X, 7 translocation

Sage 🍃

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2024, 01:01:06 PM »

Hi Kady2022, Uptick is not a member of the forum any more (unfortunately). I have found this article (actually just an abstract) about your condition and it says 'X-autosome translocations are frequently associated with primary or secondary ovarian failure'. How are you doing?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19663602/

Pages: 1 [2]