Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Progesterone only pill for Perimenopause...anyone have any tips or experience?  (Read 831 times)

Vicky81

Hi All

Has anyone out there ever tried cerazette or cerelle mini pill alongside oestrogen patch or gel for perimenopause symptoms?

f so, how did you find this? Did it work well? 

Only reason i ask is because back in 2016 i was on Cerelle with absolutely no issues at all, i was happy, vibrant etc.

Also, i realise if i were to go down this route (if my current combined pill doesnt cut it) that i need to use separate oestrogen.

Vicky x

Pollydollydoodle

This is exactly was happened to me last week. Gp took me off combined pill (age reasons) and has prescribed mini pill and oestrogen patches (evorel sequi). I’ve not started them though and not sure I’m going to as I’m now going to have regular bleeding which I don’t want and never had with combined pill. It’s just a minefield xx

Vicky81

Hi Polly,

Oh ok....h,,, its hard to decide! My GP hasnt decided to take me off it, but lately i have been having some symptoms....eyes blurry (especially when outside), fingers shaky.

My blood sugar is 5.3, so all ok, as is my blood presssure., ....not sure if i am on a dip? and it will settle gain, but since starting it 10 weks ago, the first 9 weeks were so good....x

Vicky81

Plus, which combined pill were you on? and did it help with peri symptoms? xx

Pollydollydoodle

I was on microgynon 30 and had been for probably 10 years, I’ve been running the packs back to back for a few years as recommended by my Gp to combat menopause symptoms but for the last couple of years the brain fog has been awful, mood low, low libido and all just getting worse! X

Vicky81

Polly - i sent you a private message.

Did you run packs continuously? For how long? i am on my 4th pack and dont want a pill break! I had an internal scan 5 weeks ago and all was fine xx

Dotty

Hi if you were to take the mini pill alongside an oestrogen only patch then you would need to take Utrogestan or another progesterone too. The mini pill does not provide enough progesterone to protect the endometrium. x

Vicky81

Oh ok, thanks Dotty xxx

Pollydollydoodle

Vicky81 I can see you’ve sent me a couple of messages but for some reason it won’t let me reply to you 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not ignoring you! X

Pollydollydoodle

I ran the combined pill back to back for anything up to 12 months at a time, my local menopause clinic advised me to do this to stop fluctuations in hormones, it’s not been enough to stop my symptoms though xx