Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Erratic periods  (Read 747 times)

Ju

Erratic periods
« on: July 19, 2022, 01:42:03 PM »

Hello everyone, hope your all managing ok and especially in this heatwave.... I'm bit annoyed really with having erratic periods but there's nothing we can do about it is there? Trying to see my Dr is hopeless, even trying to speak to mine over the telephone is not easy, takes forever to get any answers... I had my period at the beginning of this month, all fine but then 10 days later, I'm having another period which has gone on now for 11 more days and still going on....is this right? I've been going through the Perimenopause for over 3 years and am on hrt.... Seriously as a woman, this is awful but is it something I just have to put up with? For anyone else going through this, my heart goes out to you... I'm finding it annoying to say the least.... getting bit fed up and other people around me don't understand what I'm going through... Just had to get this off my chest which is good, thank goodness for this support....

sheila99

Re: Erratic periods
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »

Perfectly normal I'm afraid, the only thing that's guaranteed is that everything will go haywire. As you head further into meno you may find the hrt cycle takes over but I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt one. If it continues you may consider a mirena which should stop it. Your gp may send you for a scan if she thinks it may be caused by fibroids or polyps. How heavy is it? If it's continually heavy you may be short of iron.

ATB

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 02:02:04 PM »

I’m not an expert but if it was happening to me, regularly, I would definitely want to see a GP and get some tests. Because that’s a lot of blood loss so I would be concerned about my iron. Also, you must be tired? Before I started HRT I was taking this menopause support supplement by A Vogel that had ‘soy isoflavones’ in it and it made me get two periods a month! I stopped it and my periods went back to normal. Whole soy is good, isolated components are not ( at least for me ). Could you go to a different doctor? Ask for meno clinic referral?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 04:04:42 PM »

Criky that was normal for me during my menstruating years: 10 days off, 10 days on with heavy clotting for 4 days, sleeping on a thick towel at night with two pads.  Plus intense cramping and nausea.  No one went to the GP with those symptoms  :-\.  Feminax sorted my pain, taken 2 days prior to when a period was due. 

Then my periods waxed and waned for several years then disappointed.  I hardly noticed that they had gone as I had 3 cats and a dog all very ill  :'(.

How heavy are those periods Ju?  Gauging how many pads you need during the day/night.  Really heavy bleeding can be eased by prescription medication.  Let us know!

Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 05:54:55 PM »

Thank you all for your support 😘😘 it's not heavy thankfully, normal flow I would say, just finding it frustrating and as you say tiring... I will see how it goes but if it continues I will definitely ask to see a Dr... Thank you for your support

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 08:00:05 AM »

Morning.  As well as being expensive  >:(

Let us know how you get on. 

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2022, 08:14:04 AM »

As an aside I read the title of this thread as Erotic Periods. Sorry Ju  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2022, 08:36:58 AM »

That's brought the tone down to our level then  ;D

VanillaLover

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2022, 11:51:07 AM »

Hello Ju,

I am having the same thing- I thought my periods have been weird for the past few years but now they are utterly haywire! Cycles of 16 days, then 35 days, this month having spotting day 9- only just finished the last one! I would say the general trend over the last six months would be towards lighter. I use a mooncup so not expensive to deal with but …..so so odd. Feel like my body is no longer my own. I have a lot of sympathy for girls going through puberty these days …I am having reverse puberty! I am on cyclical HRT too, makes no difference to this strangeness (though does help with other stuff)