Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How many days  (Read 1088 times)

Donnal1964

How many days
« on: July 18, 2022, 11:03:59 PM »

I've noticed people on here have mentioned having spotting for months on end..I wondered what is the longest it has lasted?  I've not had bright red spotting but some burgundy or brown can be there once when I run then not there for the rest of the day, this has gone on for over 30 days but with gaps in-between

Nas

Re: How many days
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 04:32:54 PM »

I think you posted about this the other day didn’t you? And the advice was to go to the GP to get checked over. You can’t assume spotting is just menopause related unfortunately. It can be a sign of all sorts.

Always get any spotting or bleeding checked over ASAP.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 08:29:32 AM »

I agree with Nas. If you are post menopausal (no natural period for at least a year) then even one day of spotting needs checking. Some women experience spotting due to the hrt they are on and it is also common if you are not peri menopausal. When was your last natural period?

Taz

Donnal1964

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 10:36:25 AM »

As I have said I can't go to the Dr, I can't explain the personal circumstances for why I can't even though I have my husband's support through it all. I am still in perimenopause and had my last period in Feb. I am not on hrt at all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2022, 11:24:58 AM »

Starting new threads on similar subjects means that some responses may get completely lost.  Why do you feel it necessary  :-\ it's OK to continue on your original thread where yo have had good advice.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2022, 11:30:34 AM »

Are you spotting between periods then?
I’ve no advice I’m afraid because you need to see a doctor somehow.

Your husband, as I mentioned on your other thread, sounds great, but at the end the day, you need medical advice.

What will you do if you really do need to see a GP at any point? Do you have a coping strategy?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2022, 11:32:32 AM »

Keep to your original thread?

joziel

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 11:34:09 AM »

I'm afraid especially if you are not on HRT and you get weird bleeding issues, YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.

You may have CANCER - unscheduled bleeding is a symptom of uterine cancer or cervical cancer.

Women talking about bleeding on this forum are usually on HRT. Bleeding on HRT is much more common because the added estrogen makes them bleed. And bleeding in the first 6 months of taking HRT is common. If you are not taking HRT, this is not going to be a cause for you.

You won't get different answers from people by just starting additional threads. Please see your doctor.

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2022, 02:13:32 PM »

Obviously the best thing is to get checked out by a doctor but I can see this is not something you are able to do at present.

I didn't realise that it is only five months since your last period. This type of bleeding can happen during peri-menopause as your hormone levels begin to fluctuate.  If bleeding happens after sexual intercourse then this is definitely a cause for concern and if it happens after a year with no periods then this is also an indication of possible cancer.

Is there any other treatment you can have for your severe anxiety? What will happen if you do have a medical emergency?

Taz x

ATB

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 02:30:35 PM »

I’m sorry to hear you are unable to visit your doctor, I was like that a long time and only recently went after actually having therapy. I had left a lump for years that I shouldn’t of so I do get how you feel. Now I have got through it, I know that I’ve given myself such worries and stress about the lump that could have been avoided had I not waited- it turned out to be fine. If you are only 5 months without a period, this kind of thing can happen. My friend had her period come back in small amounts of and on over two years before she went a full 12 months without one. So while unexplained bleeding should be investigated, in your current position it is more likely that this is related to perimenopause. However, I recommend for your own health to look into therapy, you can do online video sessions and mine are really affordable. I also use good therapy videos on YouTube. I know how daunting and hard it is, but I do encourage you to address this problem. Avoidance is a coping mechanism for anxiety, which I totally have done and understand. However, long term avoidance will prevent you from living your life fully and in this kind of case could affect your physical health also. Again, you have my sympathies because this is a really big struggle and it’s not nice to have to go through it. I hope you feel well enough soon to visit your doctor, please do consider working towards that.

joziel

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 03:10:17 PM »

Whilst it's normal for periods to get longer or shorter during peri, or to happen more frequently, it's not normal to just bleed every single day for a month... That sort of bleeding should be checked out.