Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel sequi 50 patches bleeding after 2 months  (Read 1037 times)

gillybee

• First Flush
Evorel sequi 50 patches bleeding after 2 months
« on: July 21, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »

Hi, I am 59 and have started HRT - Evorel Sequi patches.
Fine first month, end of second slight bleed for 3 days.
Dr arranged ultra sound, technician mentioned Uterous wall a little thick but to be expected if on HRT.
Went back to dr to discuss, and she has now sent me under the 2 week rule to be checked.
It’s almost as if the GP is covering herself, as it does state that you may get some bleeding for the first 6 months.
Has anyone else had this experience?

Dotty

Re: Evorel sequi 50 patches bleeding after 2 months
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »

Hi Evorel Sequi is designed to give you a monthly bleed. Have you been prescribed the correct hrt ? x

Check if you’ve been given Evorel 50, Evorel Sequi or Evorel Conti . x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 01:41:21 PM »

I agree with Dotty that Evorel Sequi is designed to give you a monthly bleed. If you are on conti which is the correct one for you going by your age then bleeding is perfectly normal during the first six months. Happened to me. Your GP is being cautious. Some seem to not understand the way that conti can work during the initial first few months.

Taz x

gillybee

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 08:08:07 AM »

My pack contains 4 of the sequi patches and then 4 of the Conti. I was assured that these should not cause bleeding, well maybe until I settle down again with the hormones. I certainly don’t want to start on a monthly bleed again!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2022, 07:52:39 AM »

Sequi is designed to give what's called a withdrawal bleed. The second two weeks patches contain progesterone and when you begin the new box with the oestrogen only patches (sequi) the withdrawal of the progesterone induces a bleed. It states this in the patient information leaflet. I think you have been prescribed the wrong HRT. You need Evorel Conti which contains 8 patches all of of which are conti patches.

Taz x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 09:26:59 AM »

Hi sounds like you’ve been prescribed the wrong HRT. As Taz says, the Sequi is designed to give a monthly bleed. You need Evorel Conti x