Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Overhaul of Women’s healthcare on NHS  (Read 2460 times)

Kathleen

Re: Overhaul of Women’s healthcare on NHS
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2022, 09:18:42 AM »

Hello again ladies.

I remain hopeful that the promised improvements will happen, especially as so much work has been done so far.

However the BBC news report yesterday said that there wouldn't be any new money available which is a worry and why we need to keep the pressure on.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2022, 11:43:30 AM »

Tnx Kathleen.  Hopefully you won't get the same response as I did, supposing that ATB's comment was aimed in my direction  ;D

joziel

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2022, 11:43:58 AM »

Apparently Gina 10 local estrogen is going to be available from September over the counter - no prescription!!

Allegedly only for 50+ women. Ummmm.... Must get out the ID forgery stuff again, having not used it since I was 16 trying to be 18.... ;)

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/news/mhra-announces-landmark-pom-to-p-switch-for-gina-10mcg-tablets

ATB

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2022, 12:15:01 PM »

Tnx Kathleen.  Hopefully you won't get the same response as I did, supposing that ATB's comment was aimed in my direction  ;D

I’ve made it clear I’d like to celebrate the efforts of women including myself to you really politely several times, you seem to be following me around a bit here and making a lot of jabs that are making me feel unwelcome and attacked.  I’d appreciate it if you would no longer comment on my posts. Thank you.

ATB

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2022, 12:18:12 PM »

Apparently Gina 10 local estrogen is going to be available from September over the counter - no prescription!!

Allegedly only for 50+ women. Ummmm.... Must get out the ID forgery stuff again, having not used it since I was 16 trying to be 18.... ;)

Yes I saw, a good step but they should lower the age? I think we could write some letters about that! The next consult in two years might also lead to it hopefully being available for whoever needs it.

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/news/mhra-announces-landmark-pom-to-p-switch-for-gina-10mcg-tablets

ATB

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2022, 12:25:09 PM »

Oops my comment to you didn’t work out Joziel! I meant to say, I saw that and that’s really good news but they should lower the age? I think there’s going to be some letters written about that and the next consult will likely have feedback on it. It’s a step, but they could do better.

joziel

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2022, 12:32:09 PM »

For sure, or I'm going to be faking ID  ;D

Does Gina come with disposable applicators? I don't really want to have to re-use one.

ATB

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2022, 12:49:12 PM »

I don’t know sorry

Faking ID  ;D I remember trying to do that but not for a long time!

Marchlove

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2022, 01:07:48 PM »

At last though ladies one small advantage to those amongst us who are considered ‘over the hill’!

The pity is though I don’t use it at the moment!

Seriously though it should be available to everyone who needs it from the pharmacy regardless of age.

Ayesha

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2022, 01:13:15 PM »

I also read about Gina (what a refreshing name compared to its sisters) becoming available from September. Reading the dosing instructions for the treatment its the same as Vagifem and Vagirux, inserting a pessary every day for the first two weeks then switching to two a week.

I have to use the treatment every day, will pharmacists know this and be able to tell women straight off that they can if they want, use it every day!
Trial and error springs to mind here and women will again need to do a lot of their own research.  I’m looking forward to having a chat with my lovely pharmacist about this in September.   :)

joziel

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2022, 01:40:34 PM »

Well, you could just go to multiple pharmacies if one won't give you enough to have it every day  ;D

Ayesha

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2022, 02:30:35 PM »

I was thinking more about the women who don’t realise how often the treatment can be used. I was using the recommended dose and soon realised two a week was as useless as a chocolate teapot, no improvement whatsoever!
Phoned doctor and with no hesitation told me to use it every day, I progressed to using Ovestin locally too.

I will be buying Gina as a back up to my prescription of Vagifem but hopefully I won’t end up walking the streets to every pharmacy in the area assuming I will still be able get it on prescription.  :)
No prices available at the time of writing, hope not too expensive!

ATB

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2022, 02:46:13 PM »

For any women with epilepsy, this is a statement from Epilepsy Research UK about it, it’s obviously going to be important to make sure women with disabilities and conditions that impact menopause are a priority and that research includes them. It’s really hard to have epilepsy and go through menopause, HRT can increase seizure frequency.

https://epilepsyresearch.org.uk/womens-health-strategy-what-it-means-for-women-with-epilepsy/

Nicodemus

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2022, 08:39:57 AM »

An article about the women's healthcare ambassador - she sounds pretty formidable.
Hope the share token works:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cd603c70-09a5-11ed-a986-fc91b4ad48f0?shareToken=8a0c09214e1922d4266b601379e215d6

ATB

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2022, 09:12:11 AM »

Thank you Nicodemus, I had seen it yesterday but run out of free articles so couldn’t read it! She sounds excellent though, I’m quite hopeful with someone like her there. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4