Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can anyone read my bloods please?  (Read 1197 times)

Molly

Can anyone read my bloods please?
« on: September 17, 2022, 04:05:21 PM »

Hi girls,

Sorry to ask but I had my bloods done 2 weeks and my menopause doctor is on holidays for another 2 weeks. Im just wondering if someone can tell e if my bloods are ok.

do im 49 haven't had a real period since may bar 2 days in july.
on HRT oestrogel 2 pumps to 3 pumps per day. utrogeston from day 15 to 26 200 mg.

my bloods.

Oestradiol119 pmol/L

Testosterone 0.95 nmol/

Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin 79.5 nmol/

Androgen Index  1.2

LH    43.3 IU/L

FSH 95.7 IU/L

and lastly I had a ultrasound to check the lining of my womb, anything particular on the print out that I tells me about my lining.

Sorry to be a pin, as you see I am not a nurse haha.

many Thanks in advance. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Can anyone read my bloods please?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 06:13:35 PM »

It's all Double Dutch to me  ::)

MayB ring your Nurse Practitioner on Tuesday? 

Clarella

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 12:55:33 PM »

Not sure about the rest but my Gp says they prefer oestrogen to be 400-600. My results said 164 was borderline too low. Not sure if the same measurement though so hopefully someone else will answer soon.

Molly

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 02:09:43 PM »

thanks clkd I wanted to be armed with information to be honest before I spoke to them. Often we have to do our own research. thanks x

Thanks Clarella, that's interesting, mines very low so , even though im taking in between 2 to 3 pumps with is about 50 to 75mg. Ive  tried more than that before ( extra pump) and it threw me. Ill see what the consultant says when I eventually get to speak to her haha. x

Clarella

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 02:17:07 PM »

Just checked and mine is pmol/l so going on the ranges my test used and what my Gp said yes it’s too low.

“Too low” I understand is to ensure bone density maintenance. Mine was marked ‘borderline’ around 164.

As I say my own nhs Gp said she’d prefer to see 400-600.

Elsewhere I’ve seen that level used/ quoted in an nhs document specifically for mood.

But it should always be based on symptoms. Some women may prefer lower levels others may need way higher.

Molly

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 04:57:27 PM »

thanks so much clarella,  such a minefield isnt it.  Your reply has really helped me thank you.x

Clarella

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 05:02:10 PM »

As you can see if you scroll down, that level is specifically for mood.

laszla

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2022, 08:56:33 PM »

I go to the Chelsea meno clinic and can confirm that in practice they recommend those quite high levels for low mood - I've been advised to go as high as 800.

Clarella

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2022, 08:09:45 PM »

That’s interesting. Do they advocate for testosterone for mood too? I’ll
Need to treble my oestrogen to get that level  :o

My mood is terribly flat and bouts of anxiety.

When I first started hrt I had great bounce.

I seem to have nosedived a couple of months after a bad omicron infection on Jan.

laszla

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 08:21:35 PM »

Clarella yes they do suggest testosterone for mood, unlike the BMS and others who only recognise its effects on libido - which is absurd, as if a major sex hormone would only impact one system when we have receptors throughout the body.
My consultant says T can impact cognition, mood and muscular and bone strength, as well as libido obvs.
I am also having to take a lot of estrogel to raise my plasma levels - which are still very far from the upper range they've advised I might need to get for in order to improve hideous anxiety etc.
I take 4-5 pumps a day and although my blood levels temporarily reached 500 they're now back down to 300 so I might need implants.
I would also recommend doing all the other anti-anxiety things like meditation, yoga etc. in fact my consultant actually includes these in the prescription section of my review letters under the HRT...

Clarella

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 06:33:24 AM »

Ok thanks

I have beta blockers but have to say that I feel anxiety was improving by the time I picked them up with my higher patches and haven’t had them. I do what I can but it’s c hard with young kids and work pressures.

I’m a teacher so September is always anxiety month! Although the school is looking at well being of staff a lot.

It’s more confidence, motivation, I’m definitely weaker (feet ache a lot though starting to improve) creativity. Drive is going. General low mood.

Libido is odd. I’ve started to want to a little bit  but it doesn’t seem to work and orgasms are not proper ones if that makes sense.

However I’m willing to continue to optimise oestrogen. I need to try 100 for a good 3-4 months. The problem is that based on previous bloods and current symptoms I don’t think that will be enough but I don’t know if the Gp will give me higher patches. Gp said she has prescribed testosterone but seemed to feel women didn’t find it easy to use, smelly and not as effective as they thought (but she could have been trying to steer me away from it.)

I don’t want to go to Newson if I can help it but may have to. I’ve been on the waiting list for ages now.

Clarella

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 06:33:46 AM »

Sorry to hijack the thread Molly!!

laszla

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 03:08:49 PM »

Clarella I also have a beta blocker prescription and while they can be very effective for a quick fix I don't believe they get to the 'root' of the problem as hormone optimization and body relaxation practices do.
Testosterone helps libido and what the medics call "response"  ;) (which is very much affected by hormone drops)