Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Over 60 and on HRT Conti Tablet??  (Read 2143 times)

warwick01

Over 60 and on HRT Conti Tablet??
« on: July 18, 2022, 02:11:06 PM »

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if any ladies are using a conti tablet?? I was on Angelique a few years ago and found it was the only conti that suited me. Can't seem to find any continua's progesterone that suits me. At 63 I am fed up having a bleed every few weeks.

Many thanks
Wx

Poppy61

Re: Over 60 and on HRT Conti Tablet??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »

Hello I'm 61 and started on Evorel patch 50 combined conti in March, which is working well for me now. I tried Elleste Duet a few years before that and tolerated the progesterone. I have not been able to tolerate the body identical progesterone. X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 07:45:41 AM »

Hi.

I’m on Femoston conti tablets. Been on them for years now.
They’re supposed to have the gentlest progesterone in them. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Xx

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 07:59:35 AM »

Thanks ladies.

Jillydoll - are you over 60 ?? I know GPs are reluctant to give tablets to older women (so I heard)

Wx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:13:04 AM »

Ahh, no not yet. I’m 58 this year.
Sorry, didn’t read your post correctly.

Xx

Patricia

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 09:57:09 AM »

Hi Warwick01-have you considered trying the marina coil? I have this and the gel. I’m 68 and 🤞🙏so far so good. Patxx

Dada39

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 10:21:07 AM »

Hi Warcick, the progestin on Angeliq is sold under de name of Slind or Slinda in Europe. Maybe you can ask your doc to prescribe it for you.

Kenny

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 06:17:39 PM »

Hi , I moved from Angelique when it was in short supply, I was put on Kliovance and was told it was the nearest thing to Angelique, I didn’t encounter any issues.

Floradora

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 08:50:29 AM »

Hi I’m on Femoston conti. I’m not over 60 but I certainly intend continuing it beyond age 60! As long as you don’t have other high risk factors for a stroke and you have a discussion with your GP about it I don’t see why you shouldn’t have tablet form if it suits you better. There’s nothing in the guidelines that says oral HRT is contraindicated in over 60s it’s simply that the transdermal route has a lower risk than the already extremely low risk from oral HRT therefore it is often used a the first choice route for over 60s. If transdermal doesn’t suit you ie you don’t get on with the progestogen in them then your GP should quite frankly prescribe what you want. Unless of course you have other stroke risk factors. Another one to possibly try is the new one called Bijuve. It’s oral and a conti x

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 01:16:26 PM »

Hi, l am on Femostan conti and am well over 60, it suits me and l have no intention of coming off it. Before that l was on lndivina but had some bleeding issues so changed to estrodot patch and uterogestan but l didn't get on with that at all. I have had no issues since l started taking Femostan, l have had to argue my case a few times with my G.P about continuing ' at my age' but l just quote the NICE guidelines and say l am aware of the risks and that to me the benefits and advantages outweigh those.

Cazikins

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2022, 12:42:39 PM »

I'm 65 & have been on Femoston Conti low dose for many years. They suit me well & I am now down to half a tablet a day. I don't get hot flushes but in the last 18 months I have had post menopausal bleeding.
The jury is out as to weather that is due to the HRT or not  ::) ::)