Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: No period on Sequi  (Read 735 times)

Mogster71

No period on Sequi
« on: July 16, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »

I was wondering if anyone was around to give some insight please..
I've been on HRT for about 4 years now; first tablets then patches and now I'm on Oestrogel/Utrogestan in sequi format. Every other sequi regime I've been on has generated a bleed, but this is my 4th cycle with this particular regime and I've only had one bleed?

I get all the signs that it's imminent but it never quite makes it. Period pains, upset stomach plus the emotional side.

Has anyone experienced the same thing, please?

lillith112

Re: No period on Sequi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 05:09:04 PM »

Yes I had exactly the same thing, I'm on sequi, patches and utro. I had to switch to gel when patches were short and I didn't have a bleed for 4 months, it was caused by lack of estrogen that didn't build up the uterine lining. I didn't absorb the gel at all. 

As soon as I went back to my patches I had a bleed and have done ever since. I had horrendous bladder issues and return of all symptoms on the gel too 😞.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 05:50:29 PM »

I don't think utro is the best at inducing a bleed. Now I rarely have a cycle of my own I probably bleed 1 in 3 (6week cycle) and even that's light. I had a scan when I hadn't bled for 2 months and lining was 6.7 which caused them panic (cue urgent biopsy) but I thought was surprisingly thin. My conclusion was that there hadn't been enough of a build up to bleed. It may be time to consider a conti regime.

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 06:55:27 PM »

Thank you both for replying; you've actually covered both of my suspicions really.

I did wonder whether I was absorbing the gel, however overall I do feel much better on the gel than I did the patches.
Just before moving to O/U I had been on Evorel sequi but my headaches had started to creep back in and as I felt better in the conti part of the pack, my GP suggested moving to Conti but the headaches etc continued. I was so frustrated with it all I agreed to stay off HRT to see how I was on my own, but by the end of 2 weeks I felt so awful as all my symptoms returned so quickly I begged to have HRT back! it was pretty shocking really.

I had a scan in December last year after a few weeks of extra bleeds on my sequi regime and all was well at the time. This is what is worrying me, Sheila, that I didn't shed very much at all on that one single bleed and I am frightened things would build up. Since being on the gel I went from 2 to 3 pumps in the first month and presumed the extra oestrogen would bring on a bleed but that hasn't happened.

Nicodemus

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 09:06:57 AM »

I didn't get a bleed through 2 cycles of Evorel Sequi patches. The first cycle I got period-like symptons (migraine, moody, something that felt like period pain) with no bleed and the second cycle nothing at all. I mentioned it to the GP and was moved from Sequi to normal Evorel. I asked whether it was because there was just nothing to come out and the GP said that was probably the case.
If you are worried probably best mention it to your GP.

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 09:20:35 AM »

I'm on 4 pumps gel so I expected more thickening than there was. It's a worry though, without a scan you have no idea if it's that there isn't a build up or if you're not bleeding sufficiently.

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:57:37 AM »

Hi Nicodemus

Yes that is similar, I've had all the rumblings each time of a period being on the way but nothing. You could be right, there's nothing to come out any more, maybe my extra bleed last year was the final hurrah...

Thanks Sheila - I'm going to contact my GP and let her know what's going on. I did report it at the first cycle but was expecting some sort of settling in time anyway.

Hope you're all ok and tolerating this heat  :o