Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Extreme heat  (Read 7401 times)

ATB

Extreme heat
« on: July 15, 2022, 01:16:40 PM »

Hi. Just wondering about a couple of things with hot weather warnings. Utrogestan must be kept below 30? But not in the fridge? We are forecast for 37, so wondering if keeping it in the bathroom is my best bet? What are you all thinking?
Also we can expect power cuts apparently. I’m terrible in the heat so it is worrying me a bit. Any tips to share? I have low BP and faint a lot if too hot so I have fans on the way but if no power not sure what else to do!

Ayesha

Re: Extreme heat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »

I was concerned about a spare tube of Ovestin and I have decided to store it in a cool box during the heatwave. I thought the temperature in the box would be kinder to the cream than leaving in a very cold fridge.

I am also terrible in the heat and will have curtains closed to keep the heat out. Others may laugh at us Brits worrying about 40 degrees, but we are not used to these extremes and are not prepared for it! 

ATB

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 01:31:36 PM »

Thank you, I thought I should get a cool box for things in case we lose power so that sounds sensible for my Utrogestan too.
Countries that regularly get this year are set up and don’t need to worry about power cuts! However even in Australia, the heat causes issues like the horrible fires. So many koala and other wildlife lost.

Don’t forget to leave water out for bees and birds!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 01:57:29 PM »

A local school is going to have an outdoor day on Monday for their children  >:( no safeguarding there then!

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 02:11:24 PM »

Ours is too. Plenty of shade on the field under the massive trees together with gazebos. Water stations. Ice pops at regular intervals. Sunscreen and hats. Outdoor learning is fab. Safeguarding is always in place.

Taz x

Gilla999

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 02:17:15 PM »

Hadn't even thought about this, thanks for the nudge - I'll opt for bathroom too.

Also echo on leaving water out for the birds!!

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 02:17:52 PM »

Won't it be enough to keep it in a drawer, in it's original packaging?

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2022, 02:18:18 PM »

Hadn't even thought about this, thanks for the nudge - I'll opt for bathroom too.

Also echo on leaving water out for the birds!!
I had a read and it says keep out of the bathroom

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2022, 02:31:49 PM »

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/352/smpc#STORAGE urogestan
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/353 oestrogel

section 6.4 no special This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.

ATB

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2022, 02:37:55 PM »

Thanks dandelion, I had read less than 30deg because of soft capsules, mine are sticking to the inside of the packet even now. I’m assuming the reason you keep out of bathroom because of steam of shower, but if not having one then ours is quite cool at the north side of the house with blind permanently down.

I’m now worrying about the garden! Parasol to cover some and sheet shades maybe for others, pots will be shifted to the north shaded side of the house.

There may be water shortages so start bottling some!

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 02:52:11 PM »

Thanks dandelion, I had read less than 30deg because of soft capsules, mine are sticking to the inside of the packet even now. I’m assuming the reason you keep out of bathroom because of steam of shower, but if not having one then ours is quite cool at the north side of the house with blind permanently down.

I’m now worrying about the garden! Parasol to cover some and sheet shades maybe for others, pots will be shifted to the north shaded side of the house.

There may be water shortages so start bottling some!
I think it's easy to play on our neuroses when things get extreme like heat or cold.
I dunno about water shortages, we have running water at home.
It's a concern for plants outside with no rain though.

Dandelion

Ideas for keeping evorel cool, theramex no help
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 02:56:03 PM »

I just tried ringing Besins and they were helpful, see my above post.

I tried ringing theramex and they said they could not advise, because of regulations, anything, other than keeping patches below 25 deg C.

I rang 3 pharmacies, two didn't answer, and one was engaged.

does anyone have ideas on how to keep them cool.

I use a drawer, but I left it open :D I live in a top floor flat.

Anyone ideas for keeping patches below 25 dec c, theramex dont mention fridges, and they say they can't give any advice.

ATB

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 03:01:16 PM »

A cool box is what I’m going to do Dandelion.

The reason I’m thinking of water is because that’s what the government has warned about for the red areas which I’m in, that there may be water shortages, power cuts and mobile phone coverage out too. It’s because all the demand increases in extreme weather. Water is the last thing I want to run out of! Plants definitely will be affected, farmers are already worried about food crops so I do think it pays to think about it. We aren’t used to these temps here so not set up for it. These warnings so far are not for today or weekend, for Monday and Tuesday.

Ayesha

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2022, 03:47:42 PM »

The experts say the worst place to store your meds is in the bathroom, best place is at room temperature in a drawer. 

I was then wondering about my Ovestin in its cool box. I just checked to see if it was getting damp in there, but its bone dry!
I have wrapped kitchen roll around the packaging and placed it in a plastic bag, it’s lovely and cool in there but not too cold, so I think the perfect place over the next few days and as the heatwave is for a short time,  I am not worried about adverse effects on the Ovestin.

ATB

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2022, 04:02:48 PM »

Great, good to hear, thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7