Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on femiston conti  (Read 735 times)

Gailb

• First Flush
Bleeding on femiston conti
« on: July 07, 2022, 10:16:51 AM »

Hi all,
I'm hopeing to get some advice please, I was on femiston 2/10 for about 4 years, I always had the withdrawal bleed. I regularly stop taking HRT to see if I can cope without it. When I'm off it I have no bleeding but the flushes, headaches , insomnia are terrible so I end up back on it.
My GP recommended femiston 1/5 conti instead of the 2/10; sequential.
I have been on this for 4 months, initially I had no bleeding whatso ever  for the past 5 weeks I have had almost daily bleeding, sometimes it's really light   lower back and abdo pain. Trying to get back in to see my GP has been impossible,  I wanted to ask has anyone else had anything similar ?.
Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry for such a long post

Nas

Re: Bleeding on femiston conti
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »

Why don’t you just go back onto the 2/10 regime ? Then you will get your predictable withdrawal bleed. Otherwise the bleeding will drag you down .

Gailb

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 08:14:56 AM »

I managed to get in with my GP   they sent me for an urgent Ultrasound and I've got a thickening of lining of my uterus so I'm having a hystoscopy next week.

mandss

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 10:31:30 AM »

following with interest......

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 10:00:19 PM »

Hi all,
I'm hopeing to get some advice please, I was on femiston 2/10 for about 4 years, I always had the withdrawal bleed. I regularly stop taking HRT to see if I can cope without it. When I'm off it I have no bleeding but the flushes, headaches , insomnia are terrible so I end up back on it.
My GP recommended femiston 1/5 conti instead of the 2/10; sequential.
I have been on this for 4 months, initially I had no bleeding whatso ever  for the past 5 weeks I have had almost daily bleeding, sometimes it's really light   lower back and abdo pain. Trying to get back in to see my GP has been impossible,  I wanted to ask has anyone else had anything similar ?.
Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry for such a long post
It's ok in post meno.
I never absorbed the oestrogen in femoston.
I remember having a real hassle trying to get patches at a dose that I needed.

Why is it impossible to see a GP?

I am going to sound really neurotic saying this.
We have to call on the absolute dot of 8am and as so many patients are calling at the same time, I have this tracy fear, that, by the time I reach the front of the queue, all the appointments will be gone.

How do you feel seeing a different GP in the surgery?
I know it's a pain.
I am autistic and my GP had to jump through hoops to sort the "Computer says no" vibe, by putting a specific note on my records so I didn't have to repeat my gynaecological saga to other GP's as I had recurring bleeds.

I bled, I put it off as I did not want my progesterone messed with (it's regarding other meds I am on, won't go into detail here, as it's your thread)

The vast majority of women don't have womb cancer, but it's worth checking out. I bled for months, sometimes big clots.
They looked inside me with a scope, scanned me, and tweaked my oestrogen, I was clear, but the bleeds kept coming back.
I still, somedays get brown discharge, which, might have a tinge of red in, yet I am only on the lowest oestrogen dose now. I should go back and check but am putting it off.