Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another UTI  (Read 1894 times)

joziel

Re: Another UTI
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2022, 11:07:45 AM »

Oh right! If it was falling out undissolved, it suggests you're v dry up there - you could use it with some YES VM added on the applicator as that would probably be enough for it to dissolve in...

You can get YES VM in preloaded applicators by the way, and use it in the morning or a different time of day to the Ovestin.

Hope you feel better and can get back on HRT soon. I'm sure you will be allowed transdermal HRT (patch or gel).  :)

Pixielilac

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2022, 11:31:17 AM »

Thankyou, I have argued for patch/gel HRT so just  waiting to hear back x

pepperminty

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2022, 06:57:00 PM »

Hi,

interesting video on UTI's and testing etc by Dr Anderson and Jane Lewis ( my menopausal vagina) on instagram - not sure if the link will work , but if not perhaps look it up .

https://focusmedicalclinic.co.uk/about/

my_menopausal_vagina
CUTI chronic urinary tract infections Dr Anderson

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCn_u0-lOoJ/?igshid=1h22zpfvnovrd&fbclid=IwAR1ZJA06EIxpUsX_BiWHyKCLT3uzKjdvVYofslnrda4c4UY94mnVQlQLG00

PMxx

Pixielilac

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2022, 07:16:58 PM »

Thankyou x

pepperminty

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 06:37:24 PM »

Thankyou x

UTi's are hideous, I hope you feel better soon. Also try not to stress too much , as this tightens the pelvic floor and makes it hurt more. Also if on antibiotics do not drink too much as this can dilute the medication. Although do keep hydrated.

I hope you feel better soon. Liz earle had constant UTi's and HRT stopped them for her .

PMXX

Pixielilac

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 07:12:16 PM »

Thankyou pepperminty x

JoJo42

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2022, 07:42:42 PM »

I have just come through a flare up of V.A and the symptoms were exactly like having a uti and running to the toilet all the time to pass a little bit of wee.

Reloading with vagifem has helped massively. I have had the same issues with vagifem pessaries coming out undissolved and then someone on here (sorry can’t remember who, but thank you!) suggested dabbing the pessary and applicator in a little of water-based Yes Wb before insertion and it worked like a charm. I think it must have helped with the dryness and also kick-started the process of dissolving the vagifem. I think the pessaries coming out undissolved fuelled the flare up, and also I probably because I stopped using my patches for a week or so to see how things went without them and I think that upset the applecart too.

Hope you feel better soon x

joziel

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2022, 08:05:10 PM »

I think that was me, talking about putting some YES VM on the applicator  ;D.

That's what I've always done. Half of it comes off in the sink before I can put it anywhere but a lot of it goes up the right place(!).

JoJo42

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »

Thank you so much, Joziel! Doh! Just read back through the comments and saw your post with the same advice above. Sorry, I’m half asleep and my memory is like a sieve. It was a brilliant suggestion - not had any further issues with undissolved pessaries.  I just put one drop of WB on the back of my hand and dab the tip of the pessary in and then “roll” the tip applicator in. All these little snippets of advice make a massive difference so thanks to everyone for sharing! xx

joziel

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2022, 12:34:03 AM »

I’d apply it a bit more liberally than that. I squeeze it all up and down the outside and the end. Some of it comes off in the sink but most of it gets in…!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2022, 08:40:28 AM »

Get it up there Girls  ;)

I get niggles around and below my belly button deep inside when a flare up is about to erupt so I put 'ovestin' up in the afternoon and a 2nd dose at night, take 'nurofen' 2 capsules 3 times a day until symptoms ease. 
Pages: 1 [2]