Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Storage  (Read 1848 times)

Dierdre

Storage
« on: July 12, 2022, 09:38:16 PM »

Just a reminder to put your Ovestin and estrogen creams in the fridge during this hot weather ladies or it won't be any good if left in temperatures over 25°
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:47:30 PM by Dierdre »

Flossieteacake

Re: Storage
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:15 PM »

Thank you for this. I did not realise.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 08:41:53 AM »

:thankyou:

Whoops - the fridge and my bedside cabinet are Worlds apart  ::) ....... make sure the product is warmed a little before applying?

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 09:00:27 AM »

No good over temperature of 25 degrees, I live in Queensland Australia, we are in the middle of winter with average top temps of 19-22 degrees. And lows of 7 degrees, I’m all right up ;D
So as you can imagine a good 8 months of the year would be over 25 degrees with summer average of 34- 37 degrees and sometimes hotter.
I do not keep Ovestin or any of my medication in the fridge, and it seems to be fine and never noticed summer months where it doesn’t work.
I do try to keep it in the middle of the house and I do have air conditioning, but if I’m not home and it’s a hot day it can easily get to 33-36 degrees in my house on a hot summers day.
So yes I would say my still works at temperature over 25 degrees, so if it keeps in Australian summer I’m sure you UK lovely ladies don’t need to worry

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 10:35:28 AM »

Does it say what temp to store it at on the packaging? Just curious as to whether it's the same as here

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 11:32:10 AM »

Most UK medicines have an optimum temperature in the leaflet.

Kat36

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 11:58:52 AM »

And your patches and gels  :)

Dierdre

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 06:52:26 PM »

Does it say what temp to store it at on the packaging? Just curious as to whether it's the same as here
Yes, it says not to store over 25° on the box. I never realised this until on holiday in Greece a few years ago (temps were higher 30's and no air con) and I'd left Ovestin in the bedside draw. The second week of my holiday I noticed the cream wasnt working as well and I was getting sore. Started a fresh tube when I got home after reading the instructions and was then ok.
I've read it becomes less potent and degrades at higher temperatures but maybe they have to be constant with no intermittent air con etc.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2022, 08:18:26 PM »

Just a reminder to put your Ovestin and estrogen creams in the fridge during this hot weather ladies or it won't be any good if left in temperatures over 25°
Thanks for the reminder. My patches like temps under 25 Deg C.
My patches of evorel are just in my drawer, in the box they came in.
It's been absolutely mafting here, probs over 30 as my flat is on the top floor.
I'm not fridging it though, women in foreign hotter countries use these things.
Fridging them might cause it's own problems.

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 08:20:35 PM »

No good over temperature of 25 degrees, I live in Queensland Australia, we are in the middle of winter with average top temps of 19-22 degrees. And lows of 7 degrees, I’m all right up ;D
So as you can imagine a good 8 months of the year would be over 25 degrees with summer average of 34- 37 degrees and sometimes hotter.
I do not keep Ovestin or any of my medication in the fridge, and it seems to be fine and never noticed summer months where it doesn’t work.
I do try to keep it in the middle of the house and I do have air conditioning, but if I’m not home and it’s a hot day it can easily get to 33-36 degrees in my house on a hot summers day.
So yes I would say my still works at temperature over 25 degrees, so if it keeps in Australian summer I’m sure you UK lovely ladies don’t need to worry
I agree.
I am in the UK.
My patches say to keep them below 25 Deg C.
Mine are in their original box and I keep them in a drawer, I would imagine a drawer or cupboard would keep it cool, just like foods like like cool dry places.

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 08:23:21 PM »

Yes, it says not to store over 25° on the box. I never realised this until on holiday in Greece a few years ago (temps were higher 30's and no air con) and I'd left Ovestin in the bedside draw. The second week of my holiday I noticed the cream wasnt working as well and I was getting sore. Started a fresh tube when I got home after reading the instructions and was then ok.
I've read it becomes less potent and degrades at higher temperatures but maybe they have to be constant with no intermittent air con etc.
I've always kept my patches in a drawer in UK Summers.
It's absolutely mafting here, I live in a top floor flat, I think the drawer plus the box the patches come in would insulate it against hot temps, I might run into problems if I kept it on a sunny windowsill.
Sorry you had problems, could it be something else? Metal tube conducting heat?
Sun shining on bedside drawer?
My drawer is out of the sun.

Lyncola

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2022, 08:41:38 AM »

Ovestin in Australia still says to keep under 25 degrees, it’s interesting how many medications say that. My Ovestin lives on top of my draw in my bedroom, I don’t run the AC in my bedroom until night time.
If I’m home I will grab it out of my bedroom and place it just outside. But there’s days I work or out, I’m definitely not going to run the AC then, in Australia are power bills are going up 100%.
But I can’t really say I noticed a down fall in my vagina atrophy in summer over winter.
And may I ask what temperatures are you getting over in the UK at the moment?

Ayesha

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 09:19:58 AM »

I never gave it a thought until reading this thread. I have a spare tube of Ovestin that I have just placed in the fridge door in case the heatwave does have an effect.

Lyncola, We are expecting temps to rise to 35 degrees which is something we in the UK are not used to :)

Dierdre

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 09:22:47 AM »

It's cooled down these last couple of days to around 23° in the Midlands but the last couple of weeks it's been 30° plus. Next week it's forecast  35 -38° but that could change, hopefully!
Our bills are going sky high too but not many of us have air con, it will be the heating bills in the winter that will be expensive.

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2022, 12:42:53 PM »

Ovestin in Australia still says to keep under 25 degrees, it’s interesting how many medications say that. My Ovestin lives on top of my draw in my bedroom, I don’t run the AC in my bedroom until night time.
If I’m home I will grab it out of my bedroom and place it just outside. But there’s days I work or out, I’m definitely not going to run the AC then, in Australia are power bills are going up 100%.
But I can’t really say I noticed a down fall in my vagina atrophy in summer over winter.
And may I ask what temperatures are you getting over in the UK at the moment?
I think we are getting temps in the late twenties right now.
I get neurotic over stuff.
I wondered if I once left my evorel box near a radiator and asked for a new one in case the heat degraded it in winter.
Pages: [1] 2