Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti and bleeding  (Read 1414 times)

Luna123

Evorel conti and bleeding
« on: July 12, 2022, 08:39:46 PM »

I have been using Everol conti patches for about 4 weeks know, and I notice that the last few days I had some period pains. And today I started bleeding a little bit. My question is, will I have my 'period' once a month as long as I use the patches? Or will I just have bleeding now and then

Thankful for any help :)

Taz2

Re: Evorel conti and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 10:06:47 PM »

Hi Luna. Any conti HRT can give you unpredictable bleeding during the first six months of use.  After this time you should settle down and you shouldn't get any more bleeding. Sequi HRT gives a monthly 'withdrawal' bleed and is used by women who are still having natural periods. I take it you are post meno now?

Taz x

Luna123

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2022, 06:58:52 AM »

Hi Luna. Any conti HRT can give you unpredictable bleeding during the first six months of use.  After this time you should settle down and you shouldn't get any more bleeding. Sequi HRT gives a monthly 'withdrawal' bleed and is used by women who are still having natural periods. I take it you are post meno now?

Taz x

Hi Tax, thanks for the reply, I Really appreciate it. I had my last period 2 1/2 years ago, so that means I am post meno now. X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2022, 08:22:15 AM »

You're on the right type of HRT then. Things should even out bleeding-wise within the first six months  If not then some women (including me) choose to switch to a sequi HRT which will usually give a predictable monthly withdrawal bleed so you at least know when to expect it rather than random breakthrough bleeding.

Taz x

Luna123

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2022, 09:07:37 AM »

What is sequi HRT ? X

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 11:07:38 AM »

Sequential hrt is where you have oestrogen only for the first two weeks of the cycle and a progesterone is added to the second two weeks. The withdrawal of the progesterone at the end of the second two weeks triggers a bleed. This prevents the womb lining building up which could lead to endometrial cancer. You can read more about HRT by looking at the Menu at the top of the forum home page.

Taz  :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:09:32 AM by Taz2 »

Luna123

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »

Thanks for the info Taz :)