Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Not absorbing  (Read 1899 times)

Aliss67

• First Flush
Not absorbing
« on: July 20, 2022, 02:54:12 PM »

Hi,

I was absorbing patches quite well, after not absorbing the gel, until December last year when I had a return of all my symptoms and a blood test showed I had stopped absorbing the patches.  My GP upped my dose from a 50 to a 75 and we have just retested and my estrogen level is now even lower.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I’m at a loss as to why I would suddenly stop absorbing and I’m desperate to stop hair loss and night sweats.  I tried natural methods to no avail prior to starting HRT in March 2021.  Any help gratefully received.

ATB

Re: Not absorbing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »

I haven’t had this but I know others here have so they should be along to help you I hope. I would also add, that of you still menstruate you should test at the same time of the month and hair loss can be thyroid related, iron related or low testosterone. Best of luck.

Aliss67

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »

Thanks for your reply.  I should have said that I am post menopause.  I have had blood tests for thyroid and iron and said both are normal.  No test for testosterone until my estrogen levels are ok.

ATB

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »

Oh no that’s my bad, just saw this was in the post meno board!
Hopefully someone who has experienced this comes along to help. Also you Cupid use the search function to read other threads on it.