Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mood dip with Utrogestan withdrawal  (Read 2410 times)

Perinowpost

Re: Mood dip with Utrogestan withdrawal
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2022, 08:02:11 AM »

It is sedating whether taken vaginally or orally, it doesn’t make a difference really x

Kat36

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2022, 09:17:59 AM »

Dandelion, Both get into the bloodstream. However, I think if it is metabolised through the liver (where active drugs are converted).

Dandelion

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2022, 11:01:10 AM »

Dandelion, Both get into the bloodstream. However, I think if it is metabolised through the liver (where active drugs are converted).
That's what confuses me.
With some ladies vaginal sedates them, with other, like me, it doesn't.

warwick01

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2022, 03:22:15 PM »

Thanks ladies for your replies.

I am on day 10 since stopping Utro and I can tell you - my anxiety, low mood is unbearable. I almost feel psychotic. I wasn't this bad on Northisterone and I would always start a bleed 6 days after finishing. These feelings are horrid. I feel as if my body is trying to have a bleed but for some reason it hasn't started and the PMT type symptoms are the result. Pray it comes soom :(

I don't think I can cope with this anymore.
Wx 

Perinowpost

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2022, 03:29:24 PM »

So sorry you’re feeling this way Warwick01. It has never happened to me so not sure what to suggest. Hoping it starts soon and you get some relief. Let us know xx

Dandelion

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2022, 04:28:21 PM »

Thanks ladies for your replies.

I am on day 10 since stopping Utro and I can tell you - my anxiety, low mood is unbearable. I almost feel psychotic. I wasn't this bad on Northisterone and I would always start a bleed 6 days after finishing. These feelings are horrid. I feel as if my body is trying to have a bleed but for some reason it hasn't started and the PMT type symptoms are the result. Pray it comes soom :(

I don't think I can cope with this anymore.
Wx
Are you on a sequential regime?
Are you on any other meds?
I am benzodiazepine dependent and I know that any woman who is on, or has been dependent on benzodiazepines cannot just stop utrogestan, as they become addicted to it's metabolites.

Does this happen every month for you?

When I was on sequential utrogestan, I noticed my mental state dip on the days I was not taking it, I told my doctor and was allowed to take it every day.

Kat36

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2022, 08:16:53 PM »

Dandelion, we’re all our own chemistry set I guess. What affects one person one way doesn’t affect another.  I imagine there’s lots of variables that come into play.

joziel

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2022, 08:39:27 PM »

warwick, even if you are peri, you may be able to use utrogestan continuously. Many of us do (me included). I'm on utrogestan 100mg continuously, 44yo and peri.

Many women prefer it that way and one reason can be the stable hormones.... You would be using the same amount of it, just instead of 200mg for half the month, take 100mg every night.

If it leads to problematic breakthrough bleeding you could do a 25 days on, 3 days off - minimising the amount of time you're not taking it just enough to schedule a bleed. That is a kosher regime as it's the 'old style' continuous regime.

Molly

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2022, 10:02:37 PM »

well i have to say i cannot stand if i take utrogeston orally, it completely knocks me off my feet literally, i have to go to bed and im gone into a deep sleep. vaginally this does not happen AT ALL, if anything I cant sleep.

Smurph

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2022, 07:42:59 PM »

warwick, even if you are peri, you may be able to use utrogestan continuously. Many of us do (me included). I'm on utrogestan 100mg continuously, 44yo and peri.

Many women prefer it that way and one reason can be the stable hormones.... You would be using the same amount of it, just instead of 200mg for half the month, take 100mg every night.

If it leads to problematic breakthrough bleeding you could do a 25 days on, 3 days off - minimising the amount of time you're not taking it just enough to schedule a bleed. That is a kosher regime as it's the 'old style' continuous regime.

Sorry for jumping in here but I’m just wondering about the continuous regime when you’re still having periods. Do you not need to have a bleed to shed the lining of the womb? I’m wondering if I should mention this to my doc as I’m struggling with the ups and downs!! Still getting my head around all this 😊 Thanks x

joziel

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2022, 09:28:00 PM »

If you take progesterone every day, there shouldn’t be a build up to shed - because it’s keeping it thin. It’s the unopposed estrogen for 2 weeks which causes the lining to build up.

Smurph

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2022, 09:45:54 PM »

Gotcha! Hope my doc gives me the go ahead. Thank you  ;D x
Pages: 1 [2]