Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ultrogeston vaginal with applicators 200mg  (Read 765 times)

Jan1234

Ultrogeston vaginal with applicators 200mg
« on: July 12, 2022, 01:27:31 PM »

Hi i have posted on here many times about problem i am getting with bleeding on 100mg  ultrogeston  which i use vaginally and 2 pumps of oestrogel have decided to give it last try as i havnt bled for 3 weeks so when i went to pick up my prescription last week the pharmacy asked to have a word with me so went in office and the query was about me using ultrogeston vaginally i told her that my gp said it was fine as i couldnt tolerate taking them orally, she then asked me how i was on them i explained about the bleeding she said let me help you let me see if i can get something similar that perhaps will work better for you she said she was going to ring my gp and have a chat with them she rang yesterday for me to go and pick a prescription up the gp she spoke to as pescribed vaginal ultrogeston with applicators 200mg to be takien every day as anyone heard of this method cause i cant seem to find anything on line about these being prescribed fir hrt
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 01:30:34 PM by Jan1234 »

florriepeck

Re: Ultrogeston vaginal with applicators 200mg
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 01:48:41 PM »

I was using utrogestan (the oral capsules) vaginally, and was using an applicator to insert them. I’ve started taking them by mouth again, though, as the vaginal route was causing me awful irritation.

Jan1234

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 02:27:52 PM »

I am on them ones now these are completely different

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 04:02:43 PM »

The only reason those are not prescribed more are 1) they are v expensive (but if you've found a GP prescribing them, no probs there!) and 2) they are 200mg instead of 100mg. And 200mg vaginally is more than what most women need/want. (If they would only make a 100mg vaginal suppository, everyone would be getting it!)

If you are having bleeding issues, you could for sure try 200mg every day. It's what I've been told to try (orally) if I stop desogestrel POP.

Jan1234

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:47 PM »

Hi jozel yes allready tryed that dosage of taking 2 tablets of the 100mgs first i cant tolerate orally in even 1 and using 2 vaginally i bled so heavy it worried me that my gp told me to fo back on 1 so dont really know bit weary of trying these at the moment im leaving wellnalone as havnt had a bleed in 3 weeks so praying that rhimgs are settling

joziel

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 05:12:29 PM »

Well there isn't much difference between the 200mg pessaries and 2x100mg of the oral capsules, used vaginally. Maybe ask your GP how this is supposed to help....

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 05:16:12 PM »

I use 100mg tablets for 12 days per month vaginally.

florriepeck

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 05:30:18 PM »

I agree with joziel, how is this supposed to help.

Jan1234

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 07:20:41 PM »

I think ecactly the same how is this supposed to help me if they had read their  notes properly they would see that i was on 2 of the 100mgs before and caused more problems so why perscribe this for me  but the pharmacy said that as they are a vaginal tablet they should absorb better than the 100mgs ones .
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 09:04:00 PM by Jan1234 »

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 09:12:49 PM »

Hi i have posted on here many times about problem i am getting with bleeding on 100mg  ultrogeston  which i use vaginally and 2 pumps of oestrogel have decided to give it last try as i havnt bled for 3 weeks so when i went to pick up my prescription last week the pharmacy asked to have a word with me so went in office and the query was about me using ultrogeston vaginally i told her that my gp said it was fine as i couldnt tolerate taking them orally, she then asked me how i was on them i explained about the bleeding she said let me help you let me see if i can get something similar that perhaps will work better for you she said she was going to ring my gp and have a chat with them she rang yesterday for me to go and pick a prescription up the gp she spoke to as pescribed vaginal ultrogeston with applicators 200mg to be takien every day as anyone heard of this method cause i cant seem to find anything on line about these being prescribed fir hrt
My GP said vaginal utrogestan isn't licenced here, in the UK, however I know that there is 200mg vaginal capsules and applicators for it.
I think women abroad use it, I am wrong though, if a pharmacist said it is then it must be, handy for those who cannot take oral.

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 09:14:15 PM »

I am on them ones now these are completely different
In what way?
Just the shape?
I take oral ones vaginally, push them up.
Do the effects differ? if so, how?
Thanks.

sheila99

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 10:00:18 PM »

They are the same thing except for the dose. For some unknown bureaucratic reason only the 100mg are licensed for hrt, the 200mg are licensed for ivf (except  my gp couldn't find the 100 so I had 200 sequi for a couple of years). If you've been on 100mg daily then 200mg daily may well be enough to stop you bleeding. It's only the UK that doesn't license utro vaginally for hrt, other European countries do.

Dandelion

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 01:37:18 AM »

They are the same thing except for the dose. For some unknown bureaucratic reason only the 100mg are licensed for hrt, the 200mg are licensed for ivf (except  my gp couldn't find the 100 so I had 200 sequi for a couple of years). If you've been on 100mg daily then 200mg daily may well be enough to stop you bleeding. It's only the UK that doesn't license utro vaginally for hrt, other European countries do.
Hi Sheila
Yes I struggle and find bureaucracy and challenge, I guess everyone does.
I take 100 mg orally and 100 mg vaginally a day.
The reasons why are something to do with my Valium addiction and what the Doctors and me decided I won't bore you with it. :)