Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: When will it all end  (Read 941 times)

Poppy

When will it all end
« on: July 10, 2022, 04:55:08 PM »

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone can relate to this. I can start my day feeling as if symptoms are pretty settled then from nowhere & within such a short time I can feel dreadful, e.g dull headache, sickly feeling in stomach & head, no energy, dizziness on standing or moving ( off balance feeling), so tired, even look washed out, then I start to feel emotional & upset because I feel as if I’m letting my family down because I don’t want to do anything. I don’t think there’s any pattern to this it just comes every now & again at anytime of the day or night. I am over 2 years post menopause & I’m sure I feel worse now than when going through peri menapause. Arrrgh the joys x

Flossieteacake

Re: When will it all end
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 05:34:13 PM »

Hello Poppy. Please stop being so hard on yourself. You are not letting your family down. You cannot help how you feel. Feeling dizzy and sick would make anybody unable to function. Have you spoken to your GP about the change in symptoms? I was wondering if you may have a virus.

Poppy

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 06:24:38 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake, this has been happening for a couple of years now on & off. GP thinks it’s linked to when I would of had a period as some of the symptoms are similar too PMS. They can happen anytime & can last hours or days, then they settle for a while. I’ve kept a food diary but once again can’t link it too anything I’m eating. Surely one day all these symptoms will pass & we will feel normal again. X

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 06:45:42 PM »

Hi Flossieteacake, this has been happening for a couple of years now on & off. GP thinks it’s linked to when I would of had a period as some of the symptoms are similar too PMS. They can happen anytime & can last hours or days, then they settle for a while. I’ve kept a food diary but once again can’t link it too anything I’m eating. Surely one day all these symptoms will pass & we will feel normal again. X

That is just awful for you. I know some people take an antidepressant for PMS. Is this something you would try? I really hope this all passes for you as soon as possible,

shoppingqueen

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 08:37:39 PM »

Hi Poppy
I don’t have any answers as to why this happens, but I am also post meno and it comes in waves with me, too. In fact, I had just this conversation with a friend yesterday saying that it ‘feels like PMS but with no bleed to go aha! So that’s what’s been going on!’
I’m not sure if more knowledgeable members can shed light, but it comforted me to read your GP has said this.
I’ll say the same (although I feel this myself often) you are not letting anyone down. Some days just getting up and doing the day is courageous. My meno mantra has been (and remains) ‘This, too, shall pass’. I’d love to know when 🙄, but in the meantime it’s going to have to be one day at a time.
Please know you are not alone in this. I naively thought it would all be over once my periods stopped, but I also get these waves when I’m flung back.
I can only imagine my own body is still producing estrogen but intermittently and my HRT most times keeps things in check, but at others it’s outstepped by fluctuations?
So glad you posted and I’ll be following any thoughts as to why this happens if other women can shed any light!
SQ x

ATB

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 08:42:42 PM »

If your energy comes and goes during the day, take regular breaks and have a cup of tea or a little nibble regularly. I eat little and often too which can help.
Also have you checked your vitamin D levels?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 08:44:58 AM »

Low blood sugar on rising?

In 1992 I was advised by The National Association of Pre-mesntrual Syndrome (NAPS) to eat every 3 hours, 24/7.  My symptoms were similar to yours.  To this day I keep to the 'topping up' regime between meals.  Otherwise I would wilt = anxiety  :'(

Poppy

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 07:20:35 PM »

Thank you all who replied to my post, your advice & tips are greatly appreciated. It’s just nice to know I’m not alone & that someone else knows exactly how I feel, it’s a great comfort. Xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 08:08:17 PM »

Thank you all who replied to my post, your advice & tips are greatly appreciated. It’s just nice to know I’m not alone & that someone else knows exactly how I feel, it’s a great comfort. Xx

You are so welcome. I hope today has been a better day for you.