Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?  (Read 33553 times)

Pippa52

Re: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2022, 02:42:09 PM »

Joziel …. that’s fabulous news I’m so so pleased for you 👍👏👏👏👏

joziel

« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2022, 03:18:16 PM »

I've been fine all day today too.  :) :) :) IT IS SO NICE JUST TO FEEL NORMAL!!!!!!!

I'm not quite done fiddling around with all this, as I'm still off testosterone - which I stopped to simplify things during this mess. I will restart again in a couple weeks if everything continues okay.

And I'm also not sure if I want to keep taking 200mg every day, or to try switching to a sequential regime and stop for 2 weeks to allow a bleed. (Using my own natural estrogen here, instead of HRT LOL!) This would be Lara Briden's 'cyclic progesterone therapy' idea. I'm a bit nervous about that in terms of endo, but I think I'd know if it is going to work and could go back to every day if I needed to...but it might enable me to produce more estrogen. Meanwhile I've been implementing all her recommended endo preventatives like berberine, NAC, zinc etc... and would be using the progesterone for half the month.

Also want to test my estrogen levels now I'm off exogenous estrogen - and testosterone levels now my ovaries are functioning better - and ferritin again...

Definitely feeling like a biohacker here but also feel like I'm making more progress thinking for myself than listening to most doctors.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 03:19:58 PM by joziel »

joziel

« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2022, 04:15:03 PM »

Alas, the flutters are back  :(

I think maybe this is going to be a gradual fade-out thing. They are happening less often and for shorter periods. Sigh....

Pippa52

« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2022, 07:19:40 AM »

Joziel…. it’s really good that your episodes are getting gradually less and less. Definitely going in the right direction xx

joziel

« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2022, 07:49:57 AM »

Weeeelll not so sure now. I’ve just had them all through the night. We’re at 12+ hours of constant palps now.

I just don’t know how to get my heart out of this again. Yesterday I did a workout and it stopped at some point during that. Then it was great for a few hours. And then it happened again and has gone on through the night.

I can’t keep doing workouts 😂

If you put a hand on my chest it feels like a little bird is trapped in there. My pulse is like double time even with me lying down and dozing. My left hand and foot go tingly and a bit numb.

I think I will try to call the clinic I’ve been referred to and hopefully they’ve got the referral by now and I’ll explain how severe my symptoms are. I’m not sure what else to do. A&E just send me away because I’m not having a heart attack. My doctors have all spent ages telling me this is somehow fine and I should ignore it and continue taking HRT - which under the idea of “do no harm” they should probably all be sued for 😂😂 - but I’ve finally found one who referred me to this clinic….. but when is that going to happen….

Then there is a big psychological aspect to it because when it stops I get scared it will happen again - when will it next start, how long will it last…. And that fear makes my heart skip a beat and go into this mess again. I’m living alone at the moment for another week as my husband is away so if I collapse no one is going to know 🤷‍♀️

If I had some beta blockers, I’d know that if it starts I can take one and be okay again quickly. Then I wouldn’t be so afraid of it happening. And then it would happen less.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 07:55:12 AM by joziel »

Gnatty

« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2022, 08:48:49 AM »

That was going to be my suggestion before I got to your last paragraph. Beta blockers would give you a chance to reset both physically and mentally.

joziel

« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2022, 10:53:37 AM »

Yes, I've taken them before a long time ago (for performance anxiety as a musician, but that's a whole other story!) so I know how they work and that I'm okay with them.

Pippa52

« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2022, 12:14:15 PM »

joziel … I take 25 mgs of  (beta blocker Atenelol ) daily. The consultant recommended possibly changing to Propanalol later on. Personally for me I don’t want to take antidepressants for the anxiety. I’d rather do the CBT course
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 02:33:05 PM by Pippa52 »

Nas

« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2022, 12:25:45 PM »

A quick question re: the absorption of oestrogen ladies.
Earlier in the year, I took femeston conti 1mg for 3 months. Oestrogen levels at the end of the 3 months were 303.
Then I re started the 75 patch and at the end of the 3 months, oestrogen was 313.

Does that mean I was absorbing all the femeston? (well I wasn't because my bladder went awol)
Or, that I am only absorbing 1/3 of the 75 patch?

I can't work out what I need. I have a few days of feeling fine and then bang, feel like I've been dug up again (irritable, tired, heart palps etc)

Just don't know what the best way forward is.

I hate the gel and do not absorb that well.
Been on this patch for best part of 2 years (apart from the femeston trial).
 ???

joziel

« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2022, 02:41:15 PM »

I don't think you can work anything out from those numbers Nas. The way different individual bodies absorb different preparations of estrogen (oral vs patch) seems to differ a lot. They can give us broad equivalents, but that's all...

If you still feel rubbish and your bloods are only 313, then it's likely you need more estrogen. Have you tried a 100 patch?

joziel

« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »

Pippa, it was propranolol I took for performance anxiety. Is there a reason for one over the other?

I am feeling good again now. Tomorrow will be one week since I took the patch off. So since I've previously taken a week to notice the effects of patches, I'm hopeful that things will get a lot better after tomorrow.

Nas

« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2022, 03:53:16 PM »

Yep you are probably right joziel,
Seems I get a couple of good days and a few more rubbish ones thrown in.
I haven't tried the 100 patch since last September. It didn't suit me then, but maybe it will now, I don't know.
Might as well consider it I guess.

joziel

« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2022, 04:16:43 PM »

Nas, you could split the difference halfway between 75 and 100. Umm... 87.5??

Nas

« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2022, 04:26:23 PM »

Could do joziel,
I had thought of adding half a sandrena sachet to the patch to make 100, but don’t want to meddle too much right now
( particularly as the coil is still settling in).

joziel

« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2022, 06:14:40 AM »

Hey I’ve found a new thing that helps me get rid of the palpitations and thought it might help others.

It’s an app which uses “tapping” or EFT therapy to reprogram the nervous system. The app is called The Tapping Solution and you can sign up for a free 11 day trial and cancel before your card is charged.

It sounds completely ridiculous at first but I’ve now got rid of palpitations three times by doing one of their anxiety sessions. You tap your fingers lightly in these specific places on your body which are acupressure points. The app guides you thru where to tap.

I’m not sure exactly how it’s working or if the words of the narrator are useful at all or whether just physically tapping yourself isn’t the thing that’s working really.

Anyway thought it might be useful if people are anxious. I’m so relaxed afterwards.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21