Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?  (Read 33546 times)

joziel

Re: Too much estrogen or not absorbing ?
« Reply #255 on: August 17, 2022, 12:08:21 PM »

Hey!!!

I've just started a separate thread to try to collate together our experiences with estrogen.

Please please go answer my questions in that thread :)

I really want to go to some doctors and get some answers for why some of us experience all this on estrogen. At the moment no one seems to have a blimming clue...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:49:43 PM by joziel »

2cats

« Reply #256 on: August 17, 2022, 04:06:45 PM »

Hey I’ve found a new thing that helps me get rid of the palpitations and thought it might help others.

It’s an app which uses “tapping” or EFT therapy to reprogram the nervous system. The app is called The Tapping Solution and you can sign up for a free 11 day trial and cancel before your card is charged.

It sounds completely ridiculous at first but I’ve now got rid of palpitations three times by doing one of their anxiety sessions. You tap your fingers lightly in these specific places on your body which are acupressure points. The app guides you thru where to tap.

I’m not sure exactly how it’s working or if the words of the narrator are useful at all or whether just physically tapping yourself isn’t the thing that’s working really.

Anyway thought it might be useful if people are anxious. I’m so relaxed afterwards.

Lol, in my desperate search to get rid of my anxiety, I too have been tapping using a utube video. It definitely worked but I’m presuming because when doing the tapping, you’re so involved, it allows the anxiety to subside. I also downloaded the app but saw it was a free trial so didn’t go any further. Is the app any good joziel?

joziel

« Reply #257 on: August 17, 2022, 04:59:18 PM »

Yes, the app is good. Like you, I thought it was just because you were concentrating on something - but I don't think that's the whole story, because I've also done breathwork apps where you are concentrating on breathing in and out, I've done mindfulness and meditation, etc etc - and none of that seems to work as well as tapping has done for me in the last 48hrs.

I feel really relaxed and like my whole body has been given a big hug or something, I think it does something beyond just making you concentrate.

With the app, download it and sign up for the free 11 day trial. Then just go to your name on your phone and Subscriptions and cancel the free trial. You will still get 11 days free access and won't be charged after that. (Unless you sign up again.)

Pippa52

« Reply #258 on: August 17, 2022, 06:06:25 PM »

Really loving the sound of this! x

violetbat

« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2022, 06:37:18 PM »

Yes, the app is good. Like you, I thought it was just because you were concentrating on something - but I don't think that's the whole story, because I've also done breathwork apps where you are concentrating on breathing in and out, I've done mindfulness and meditation, etc etc - and none of that seems to work as well as tapping has done for me in the last 48hrs.

I feel really relaxed and like my whole body has been given a big hug or something, I think it does something beyond just making you concentrate.

With the app, download it and sign up for the free 11 day trial. Then just go to your name on your phone and Subscriptions and cancel the free trial. You will still get 11 days free access and won't be charged after that. (Unless you sign up again.)
Thank you SO SO much for recommending this. My anxiety has been utterly debilitating this past week. I am doing a trial with the app and it has helped more than I could possibly have hoped. I will subscribe- even though money is tight. It’s a blooming miracle. I love that I have a toll to use when I start to get jittery.😍

Marchlove

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2022, 06:51:14 PM »

I’ve done this is the past with a practitioner, along with shaking therapy (great for anger!)

It is very good. Why don’t you share the App on a new thread so that more folk can see it.

Not done it in awhile as had forgotten all about it, but when I was at my worst it helped enormously xx

joziel

« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2022, 07:38:32 PM »

Ah, glad it's helpful for someone! It's the only thing that has been able to stop my palps a few times, besides a workout session  ;D

I don't even know if the words are important, I've done it whilst reading the Guardian online and ignoring the words(!) and as long as I tap the places they say to tap, it still seems to work  ;D

I think there might be free YouTube tapping sessions, I'm going to look into those. Maybe I'll get good enough at doing it that I'll be able to do it myself, unguided.

joziel

« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2022, 08:09:39 PM »

Here's a YouTube video showing a session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02bN4JFx10Y

And here's a free documentary about it, including research: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UypGSQtzFw
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 08:25:18 PM by joziel »

Marchlove

« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2022, 08:50:35 PM »

Great if you put it on a new thread explaining what you know about it.
I’ll join in with my experience x

Pippa52

« Reply #264 on: August 21, 2022, 09:29:23 AM »

Sorry been a bit absent for a few days. Unfortunately my anxiety at night is getting progressively worse to the extent that  I can hardly sleep now. Trying to hang on till Wednesday when I get the results of my blood test for oestrogen levels. I’m having the joy of collecting urine in a container for the next 24 hours today so won’t be going far from the loo :) I have signed up for the Tapping Solution I love the idea that it’s drug free and I’m a great believer in natural healing methods. Thanks so much for sharing x

joziel

« Reply #265 on: August 21, 2022, 10:46:05 AM »

Pippa, I just posted on the other thread. I'm really sorry to hear things are not getting better and are actually getting worse.  :-\  When we didn't hear from you and you were so positive about things when you last updated, I thought you were on the way out of the nightmare  :'(

Please let us know what your estrogen levels are - what is the urine testing for?

In terms of blood estrogen levels and these symptoms, I started to get them on the 50mcg patch when my blood levels were 233pmol and then the next time I tested I was on a 37.5 patch and blood levels were 453pmol. So I've never had sky-high levels of estrogen which could explain these stupid symptoms.  :-\  I don't know if there is any correlation between amount and symptoms  :-\

Pippa52

« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2022, 06:34:40 PM »

joziel and all the other lovely ladies on this thread  - thanks so much for your lovely message.  The weekend was awful so I knew I had to do something - felt like I was on high dose Red Bull or something!  I did not take my evening Oestrogel last night and actually got some sleep.  I only used it this morning and I won't again tonight and have dropped the dose - it got to the stage I really could not cope with it anymore. Today has been a bit better. I did the 24 hr urine collection over yesterday and last night and we took it back to the hospital today.  Will get those results and the other blood results at follow up on 5th Sept with the Cardiologist.  In a way it was a good day to do the collection as my anxiety etc was through the roof yesterday so if they are measuring adrenaline type levels I would imagine it will more than likely be raised.  Get my oestrogen levels result this Wed with follow up telephone consult with Meno consultant so there is an awful lot I need to ask her as this is getting beyond ridiculous.  I think that the Oestrogel now is stronger than the one I was on for over 20 years (they changed it from estradiol 17b to estradiol hemihydrate a while back).  It is most definitely much stronger than Lenzetto was so probably the dose of Oestrogel that I was on all those years is now too strong hence my symptoms.  Anyway time will tell but am hoping to have a better week ahead than the last one was.  I have started the tapping and am really loving it.  I find it definitely helps with anxiety and I've only done two sessions on that.  Intend to use it for sleep tonight.  Thanks so much for posting about it joziel ....would never have thought of that.  It might sound crazy but I have also got yesterday a weighted blanket which is also supposed to help with anxiety and stress and used it last night.  It felt very strange to start with but I got to really quite like it.  ALmost feels like you are being hugged :)  Hope so much you are all doing better?

joziel

« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2022, 06:45:15 PM »

Gosh Pippa, I really hope you have some insight soon into what is going on. Are you taking any supplements which could cause anything like this? That sounds like a stupid question except Marchlove has just spotted that I am taking berberine (to treat endo) and apparently in hypervagotonic people (people whose vagus nerves relax quickly and have resting pulses under 60bpm usually) berberine can cause arrhythmias because it tries to send the pulse even lower and the heart tries to fight that.  :o :o

SO I'm now off the berberine to see if that helps....because I definitely have a resting pulse under 60bpm and that's when I'm awake. When I'm asleep it's going to be even lower (which is when the palps happen). After my endo surgery, they were concerned by my low pulse and kept me closely monitored. (It was only 35-40bpm.) So this would all make sense. Blimming heck. We should know within days. I didn't take berberine today, so this is day 1 off it...

Pippa52

« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2022, 06:51:19 PM »

Gosh Pippa, I really hope you have some insight soon into what is going on. Are you taking any supplements which could cause anything like this? That sounds like a stupid question except Marchlove has just spotted that I am taking berberine (to treat endo) and apparently in hypervagotonic people (people whose vagus nerves relax quickly and have resting pulses under 60bpm usually) berberine can cause arrhythmias because it tries to send the pulse even lower and the heart tries to fight that.  :o :o

SO I'm now off the berberine to see if that helps....because I definitely have a resting pulse under 60bpm and that's when I'm awake. When I'm asleep it's going to be even lower (which is when the palps happen). After my endo surgery, they were concerned by my low pulse and kept me closely monitored. (It was only 35-40bpm.) So this would all make sense. Blimming heck. We should know within days. I didn't take berberine today, so this is day 1 off it...

Oh wow good luck I really hope that helps.  This site has so many knowledgeable ladies on it - we get more help on here than in the Drs!!! Fingers crossed for you dropping the berberine!! No I'm not not taking any supplements - only probiotics xx

Marchlove

« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2022, 07:50:49 PM »

Hi Pippa
I’ve only just seen your long post. Bless you, what a journey you’re on.
Wiil have a longer read of it tomorrow.
Hopefully you sleep better tonight xx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21