Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Painful period on patch  (Read 648 times)

violetbat

Painful period on patch
« on: July 08, 2022, 04:26:37 PM »

This might just be one of those menopause period events but I could do with your wise thoughts.
4 years ago I was put on the gel/ utrogestan combo until the gel ran out in the new year and I was given Lenzetto. Lenzetto was an unmitigated disaster.
Even on 6 sprays a day all my old symptoms returned.
The gp agreed to change to a patch. I am now on Everol 100( had been on 4 pumps of gel before it ran out).
Very quickly I felt much better. Now, nearly 2 months in I have felt better than I have for years.
Blood test showed oestrogen at 400 something which I think is not too high?
Now I am having a really painful withdrawal bleed.
I was in pain a week before hand and even though it is not heavy it is going on and on. Nearly a week now, which is very unusual for me.
Do you think this is due to the patch and me finally having a decent amount of oestrogen? My bleeds on Lenzetto were  pretty scanty.
Will things settle down? I am happy on the patch and don’t want to change it.
Thanks 🙂

laszla

Re: Painful period on patch
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 09:45:59 PM »

violetbat I can't help but am in a similar boat so watching with interest - I'm on an even higher regime at 5 pumps estrogel, plus 10 days of utro and while my plasma estradiol has finally gone up after 4 years of non absorption, my bleed this month is agony.
So perhaps it is the case that having more E2 makes the bleeds more painful? And while I would take physical pain over mental anguish and fog, the cramps are really searing.
Everyone is different but Ive been told to get my estradiol up to between 400-800 so your 400 sounds fine

violetbat

Re: Painful period on patch
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 07:41:53 AM »

Thanks @laszla
The gp who gave me my test result  couldn’t understand why they had been done. She said it was very unusual to get hormone levels checked.
She said 300 was the average? I think she must have been talking bollocks.
Perhaps you are right- we both finally have the oestrogen we need. I haven’t had a proper bleed for months. This one started like normal stopped and then has become heavy and painful.
I’ll take it though. I am so so much happier now. I really think this is the first time since I’m HRT that I actually feel ok- 4 years.
I found myself dancing and singing to music yesterday . I felt happy.
The bloody spots on my chin though- like a teenager!