Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Feel awful  (Read 1206 times)

Smurph

Feel awful
« on: July 11, 2022, 06:54:58 PM »

Hi everyone, I’m half way through my second month on Everol patches (25 plus another cut in half) and Utrogestan cyclically. About a week ago I began feeling dizzy as if I had vertigo… Off balance, whoozy and tired. Today I have a really bloodshot left eye and every time I stand up I feel faint and my heart races. Also have very low mood. Has anyone else felt like this on Everol? I already have anxiety and this is making me think I’m going to have a stroke or something! Help! It’s a nightmare getting a docs appointment and I don’t know whether I should just stop the hrt?!

Flossieteacake

Re: Feel awful
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 07:19:28 PM »

Hello Smurph. I suspect it may be the Utrogestan. The progesterone in that can cause a person to have unwanted side effects. I would personally stop and ask for a GP appointment as how you are feeling must be awful. I am sure other members will have their own suggestions.

Pippa52

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 07:19:35 PM »

Smurph - hi - I am so sorry you are feeling so awful I really do sympathise. I was changed onto Evorel patches when my usual HRT was unavailable and I felt extremely unwell on them.  I developed the worse migraines I have ever had even one when my vision went all blurred so I could barely see just like when the block out people's faces (pixalated) on the TV sometimes it was really scary.  I also felt very dizzy, whoozy, anxious, jittery and generally rotten and very down. I also got fast heart rates especially at night and felt very wired and anxious then too.  I was swopped onto Estradot patches which seemed a bit better to start with but within a few days was feeling pretty unwell on them too.  A couple of days ago I changed onto Lenzetto spray and for the first time in over 2 months I am starting to improve.  For me personally I think the patches were just too strong even though I was on a low dose to start with.  Definitely different methods and types suit different people and I know several people who do great on patches and it can be a nightmare trying to find the right type of HRT that suits you but it really is worth persevering.  Perhaps go back to see your GP or someone in the practice that knows about HRT? Also the can make sure you are ok and put your mind at rest.  I am so sorry you are suffering - it's really horrible feeling that rotten. It does seem to be a matter of trying to see which type of HRT suits you best and at what dose but unfortunately that can take time :(   Hope so much you can get an appt and some advice and help very soon.  Sending love and empathy x

Smurph

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 07:28:35 PM »

Thanks for replying Flossieteacake. I’m not actually on the Utrogestan again until Wednesday. I did feel down on that too the first time I took it but I suspect this is the Everol making me feel horrid. It’s so hard to know what to do. Am I giving it enough time? I know they recommend at least 3 months before switching. x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2022, 07:30:04 PM »

Thanks for replying Flossieteacake. I’m not actually on the Utrogestan again until Wednesday. I did feel down on that too the first time I took it but I suspect this is the Everol making me feel horrid. It’s so hard to know what to do. Am I giving it enough time? I know they recommend at least 3 months before switching. x

Oh I see. They do say to give it 3 months but I would say it depends if you can wait that long. If you feel too bad then I think it is best to talk to your GP. There are other brands of patches such as Estradot and perhaps that would suit you more.

Smurph

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2022, 07:34:00 PM »

Smurph - hi - I am so sorry you are feeling so awful I really do sympathise. I was changed onto Evorel patches when my usual HRT was unavailable and I felt extremely unwell on them.  I developed the worse migraines I have ever had even one when my vision went all blurred so I could barely see just like when the block out people's faces (pixalated) on the TV sometimes it was really scary.  I also felt very dizzy, whoozy, anxious, jittery and generally rotten and very down. I also got fast heart rates especially at night and felt very wired and anxious then too.  I was swopped onto Estradot patches which seemed a bit better to start with but within a few days was feeling pretty unwell on them too.  A couple of days ago I changed onto Lenzetto spray and for the first time in over 2 months I am starting to improve.  For me personally I think the patches were just too strong even though I was on a low dose to start with.  Definitely different methods and types suit different people and I know several people who do great on patches and it can be a nightmare trying to find the right type of HRT that suits you but it really is worth persevering.  Perhaps go back to see your GP or someone in the practice that knows about HRT? Also the can make sure you are ok and put your mind at rest.  I am so sorry you are suffering - it's really horrible feeling that rotten. It does seem to be a matter of trying to see which type of HRT suits you best and at what dose but unfortunately that can take time :(   Hope so much you can get an appt and some advice and help very soon.  Sending love and empathy x

Thank you so much for your reply. It does sound like I’m have similar issues to you. Can I ask what the Lenzetto spray is and if you’ve tried the Estrogen gels? I’m so new to all of this and I’m gutted as was really hoping I’d feel better by now. It has helped with my anxiety a little but that seems to be the only positive so far. How long did you give the patches before you switched? x

Smurph

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2022, 07:41:34 PM »

Oh I see. They do say to give it 3 months but I would say it depends if you can wait that long. If you feel too bad then I think it is best to talk to your GP. There are other brands of patches such as Estradot and perhaps that would suit you more.

Thank you again. I could probably live with feeling like this a little longer and hope I turn a corner but I’m worried that my symptoms are cause for concern. Oh it’s such a minefield isn’t it!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2022, 07:49:15 PM »

Thank you again. I could probably live with feeling like this a little longer and hope I turn a corner but I’m worried that my symptoms are cause for concern. Oh it’s such a minefield isn’t it!

I think it is really positive that the anxiety has improved, even a little. When I first went on Evorel 25, I had very sore breasts that swelled along with swollen ankles and feet. I agree, it sure is a minefield!

Pippa52

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 07:56:25 PM »

Hi Smurph - Lenzetto is an oestrogen spray.  Its very easy to apply and dries extremely quickly.  It seems to be less strong that was originally thought but it does seem that different HRT suits different people differently.  I used to be on Oestrogel until it became unavailable due to the HRT shortages. I was on patches for just over 9 weeks but to be honest I would have had to have changed anyway as was beginning to re-act badly skin wise to the adhesive and had started to develop big red allergic weals under the patches when I removed them. From what many of the lovely ladies on here have said it does seem to be a bit of trial and error before finding both the right HRT and the right dose to suit you.  Hope so much you can get some advice and reassurance very soon.  Its so horrid feeling - and actually really scary feeling that rotten xxx Here is the link for some information on Lenzetto xx   https://www.mymenopausecentre.com/gp-resources/lenzetto-information-sheet/

Smurph

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 08:10:14 PM »

I think it is really positive that the anxiety has improved, even a little. When I first went on Evorel 25, I had very sore breasts that swelled along with swollen ankles and feet. I agree, it sure is a minefield!

Yes I guess I have to be thankful for that at least!

I’m sorry you had an awful time with the swelling  :( I have swollen boobs too but not sore. I don’t mind them being a bit bigger as there wasn’t much there to start with  :D

Thank you so much x

Smurph

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 08:14:39 PM »

Hi Smurph - Lenzetto is an oestrogen spray.  Its very easy to apply and dries extremely quickly.  It seems to be less strong that was originally thought but it does seem that different HRT suits different people differently.  I used to be on Oestrogel until it became unavailable due to the HRT shortages. I was on patches for just over 9 weeks but to be honest I would have had to have changed anyway as was beginning to re-act badly skin wise to the adhesive and had started to develop big red allergic weals under the patches when I removed them. From what many of the lovely ladies on here have said it does seem to be a bit of trial and error before finding both the right HRT and the right dose to suit you.  Hope so much you can get some advice and reassurance very soon.  Its so horrid feeling - and actually really scary feeling that rotten xxx Here is the link for some information on Lenzetto xx   https://www.mymenopausecentre.com/gp-resources/lenzetto-information-sheet/

Thanks for your lovely kind words and info. It’s funny you should say that about the patches - when I changed mine today the skin was red and inflamed underneath but it’s settled down a bit now x

Flossieteacake

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 08:15:05 PM »

Yes I guess I have to be thankful for that at least!

I’m sorry you had an awful time with the swelling  :( I have swollen boobs too but not sore. I don’t mind them being a bit bigger as there wasn’t much there to start with  :D

Thank you so much x

;D Swollen boobs have an upside then!