Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and travel time zone change….  (Read 1592 times)

alibeau

Utrogestan and travel time zone change….
« on: July 11, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »

Hi ladies,

Bit of an odd question from me!

Due to fly home from USA.  Trying to decide what time to take my 200mg oral Utrogestan. I used to feel completely zombied the following morning after taking utrogestan, this is no longer the case but it definitely knocks me out a bit and I generally sleep like a log when I take it.

We are due to leave USA at 6:10pm, 8 hour flight (ish), plus five hours, landing at around 7am.

I trying to figure out what the best time is to take my Utro, bearing in mind I am not supposed to eat for two hours prior?

I don’t want any lingering zombie effects as well as jet lag if possible!

Ideally I would like to take it once we are settled at the airport and ready to board which gives my plenty of time to sleep it off but I usually would have had something to eat just after boarding?

First world problems I know, what would you do re timing?

Thanks

Ali x

joziel

Re: Utrogestan and travel time zone change….
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 04:26:25 PM »

I don't have an answer but just to say I'm already worrying about that, since calculating when to take my mini pill during international travel was hard enough  ;D

And that doesn't even cause drowsiness or need to be taken away from food  ;D

alibeau

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 03:01:36 AM »

I wonder if I could just take one tablet instead of two if it is not long after I have eaten?

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »

I wonder if you can just insert one vaginally (only need half the dose) and then you wouldn't need to worry about when you are eating and all that...

alibeau

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »

I think I’ll just end up going hungry  ;)

Thanks for your replies!

Ali x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:19 PM »

Hi ladies,

Bit of an odd question from me!

Due to fly home from USA.  Trying to decide what time to take my 200mg oral Utrogestan. I used to feel completely zombied the following morning after taking utrogestan, this is no longer the case but it definitely knocks me out a bit and I generally sleep like a log when I take it.

We are due to leave USA at 6:10pm, 8 hour flight (ish), plus five hours, landing at around 7am.

I trying to figure out what the best time is to take my Utro, bearing in mind I am not supposed to eat for two hours prior?

I don’t want any lingering zombie effects as well as jet lag if possible!

Ideally I would like to take it once we are settled at the airport and ready to board which gives my plenty of time to sleep it off but I usually would have had something to eat just after boarding?

First world problems I know, what would you do re timing?

Thanks

Ali x
Maybe take it vaginally?
I take one vaginally, there are ladies on here who take it vaginally.
Check with other ladies on here though, I don't know much, I just thought, if vaginal works, then why not try it one day, vaginal doesn't cause drowsiness and you would still be getting your dose.

alibeau

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 02:46:48 AM »

Thanks Dandelion,

I’m just a bit reluctant to change anything with my regime for fear of messing things up…..

I think I’m going to google some more about food timings etc, I’m wondering if I could take it late afternoon a few hours after lunch but before the meal on the plane? I’m just not sure how drowsy it actually makes me because I always take it when I am tired at bedtime!!!

Thanks again.

Ali x

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 03:48:32 AM »

Thanks Dandelion,

I’m just a bit reluctant to change anything with my regime for fear of messing things up…..

I think I’m going to google some more about food timings etc, I’m wondering if I could take it late afternoon a few hours after lunch but before the meal on the plane? I’m just not sure how drowsy it actually makes me because I always take it when I am tired at bedtime!!!

Thanks again.

Ali x
Hi Ali
I'm totally neurotic about utrogestan because it is cross tolerant with the valley and that my psychiatrist is helping me detox from.

I know if it is taken with food, more goes into the system and it is more sedating.
I hope someone on here can help.
There was a woman called Hurdity who helped me loads.
There are also other knowledgeable women on here, I am not one of them though.
I hope someone comes along to help you.

joziel

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »

When I was flying internationally and taking the POP (which had to be taken within 4 hours), I was a bit ridiculous. I would work out the time I'd usually take it in my destination country, and then I would adjust it by 2 hours every day, until I got it to be morning in my destination country  ;D ;D ;D  It was a total PITA, I'd have my alarm going off to tell me to take it in the middle of the day whilst I was abroad  ;D ;D  So anyway, I'm not looking forwards to figuring this part of HRT out  ;D