Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Trying to extend patch life  (Read 834 times)

Peana

Trying to extend patch life
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:16:29 AM »

I've posted before about the frustration of not being able to get the correct prescription and having to find a pharmacist with estradot in stock or able to provide an alternative.  I therefore wondered if I could eek out a few more days by changing my patches every 4 days (rather than 1 after 3 and 1 after 4)?  It means I need to keep a diary of when I've changed patches rather than sticking to a routine e.g. every Tues and Fri.  Does anyone else do this?  Is there something I'm not taking into consideration which makes this a bad idea?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

violetbat

Re: Trying to extend patch life
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 07:31:09 AM »

Hi yes- I have done this from the get go- about 2 months now. I change them every 4th morning to try and eek out my supply. It works fine. I don’t forget now. I used to write it down but now I just remember, even trying to juggle it with every other day testosterone and 2 weekly utrogestan!

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 07:31:53 AM »

I've posted before about the frustration of not being able to get the correct prescription and having to find a pharmacist with estradot in stock or able to provide an alternative.  I therefore wondered if I could eek out a few more days by changing my patches every 4 days (rather than 1 after 3 and 1 after 4)?  It means I need to keep a diary of when I've changed patches rather than sticking to a routine e.g. every Tues and Fri.  Does anyone else do this?  Is there something I'm not taking into consideration which makes this a bad idea?

The patches are designed to last four days. The reason they say to change it twice a week is only so that people can do it on the same days of the week.
JP x

Peana

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 07:45:10 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation it's okay.  I'll stick with my shifting calendar without worry now (I hate waste, so this is great news for me). 

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 02:12:33 AM »

I'm not  too accurate with my evorel, it's supposed to be every 3.5 days, I do have reminders set up on my phone at the right times, but I get distracted, medication is a hassle.
I have other pills, supplements etc.
I am not a good example to follow.
I am advising myself when I say this, as well - take them as prescribed.
I know evorel doesn't suit everyone - have you tried that, it's a good sticker.

Peana

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 07:08:51 AM »

Hi Dandelion.  The last 2 times I've tried to get my prescription filled it's been substituted for Evorel.  Having got used to estradot I find the evorel patches a bit awkward - if I stick them on my abdomen or thigh I tend to get a rash around the edges.  If I put them on my bum I sometimes manage to get them a bit puckered up - I wouldn't have thought it was so difficult, but I seem really uncoordinated when I can't see them to put them on!  I'm sure I'll work things out in the end!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 11:04:02 AM »

Hi Dandelion.  The last 2 times I've tried to get my prescription filled it's been substituted for Evorel.  Having got used to estradot I find the evorel patches a bit awkward - if I stick them on my abdomen or thigh I tend to get a rash around the edges.  If I put them on my bum I sometimes manage to get them a bit puckered up - I wouldn't have thought it was so difficult, but I seem really uncoordinated when I can't see them to put them on!  I'm sure I'll work things out in the end!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I find the smaller patches of evorel easier.
I think you can put them where you see them, so they don't get puckered.
Check out where on the front you can put them.
I get the little rash, but it goes, I might look for a way I can avoid the rash, I don't get it all the time.