Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Too much oestrogen-My own cycle?  (Read 589 times)

Evie606

Too much oestrogen-My own cycle?
« on: July 06, 2022, 03:59:02 PM »

Hi everyone,
Had meeting with consultant today and told her of ongoing bloating/heavy swollen breasts for the last 4-6 weeks.
She has put me down to one spray of Lenzetto as she thinks I’m absorbing it extremely well or my own Oestrogen has kicked into life again.
Luckily I know it’s Oestrogen not Prog as she was ill and I’ve gone a month without Prog (she prescribes it).
I know the bloating might be due to me missing a bleed but after being on 50mcg patches or equivalent for over 3 years, has anyone else had their own cycle suddenly come back to life?  ::)

Hurdity

Re: Too much oestrogen-My own cycle?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 04:32:04 PM »

Hi Evie606

It depends how old you were/are and whether you were at menopause when you started HRT. With younger women it is more likely ie can happen, which is why they say use contraception for 2 years following last period if under 50. Have you recently changed dosage of oestrogen at all ie has this happened since starting Lenzetto? it could just be increased oestrogen, as 50 mcg patches are only medium dose and could be lowish depending on absorption.

Hurdity x

Evie606

Re: Too much oestrogen-My own cycle?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 08:04:55 PM »

Hi Evie606

It depends how old you were/are and whether you were at menopause when you started HRT. With younger women it is more likely ie can happen, which is why they say use contraception for 2 years following last period if under 50. Have you recently changed dosage of oestrogen at all ie has this happened since starting Lenzetto? it could just be increased oestrogen, as 50 mcg patches are only medium dose and could be lowish depending on absorption.

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity,

Thanks for replying.
I was Peri when I started 3 years ago (I was 49).
I was on 3 sprays of Lenzetto but oestrogen blood level was in the 900’s and SHBG high so came down to 2, which was around 4 months ago.
The only change other than going down to 2 sprays is that I was moved from a Conti regime to a Sequi one. I got the swollen breasts issue after being on Sequi for 2 months. Missed the last month of Prog but the issue continued which pinpointed oestrogen as the culprit.

Evie x