Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem - long term - occassional cramping and now need a biopsy  (Read 2614 times)

dianaswr

• First Flush

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to share as am getting myself in a right state of anxiety.
Went to GP to get them to check on the occasional what looks like a speck and it is that small of pale pink tissue that comes out with the undissoved vagifem tablets ( does anyone else have that the tablets dont dissolve?) So GP felt everything and looked and all ok looking (been on vagifem for the last 8 years) but so dry and sore up there its not really working unless you boost the dose, anyway - i got sent for a scan as a belts and braces approact - and on the scan they found that a tiny area up the top of my womb as a bit thicker (6mm) and a tiny bit of fluid was in gap between the centre of the womb - so I now have had a full blood screening and await the results - especially for the C125 levels and have to get a hydroscopy to check and take a few biospies - i guess i need to rationalise that if its something they have found it by accident and its early - also my insides are cramping on and off - which they have done all the years I have been in  meno pause - but i have never bled - any thoughts appreciated.
D x

Flossieteacake

Re: Vagifem - long term - occassional cramping and now need a biopsy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 10:32:44 AM »

Hello dianaswr and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear of what you are going through. Vagifem is mild and can be used long term. How often were you using it? They say on the leaflet to use it for 2 weeks daily and then twice a week. I have found that is not enough often and daily is more helpful.

It is horrible to have such dryness. I am wondering if you may benefit from trying something else. Do you use any vaginal moisturiser? I use Yes VM and have found that is gentle. Many on here use Seabuckthorn capsules for dryness. I tried it and felt a huge improvement. I buy mine from Holland & Barrat.

I do not have any advise about the womb lining but I am sure other members will be able to advise you on that.

dianaswr

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 10:56:27 AM »

Hi there - thanks for your reply  :) I use vagifem twice a week - but did reload and do it every day for two weeks - i use replens every third day - which washes out the vagifem - and its then on the occassion that the bit of pink is attached - I think the tissue is vaginal wall where the vagifem attaches and the gp reckoned it probably was but now they have found this "technical abnormality" with the wee bit of womb - - do the seabuckcapsules go into the vaginal or do you swallow them?

D xx

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »

The seabuckthorn are capsules to be taken by mouth. Maybe replens does not suit you? I have heard some having a reaction to it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »

Get RID of the Replens!  It has some nasty ingredients and certainly won't help replace the oestrogen which causes dryness of the body: inside and out! Skin; scalp; vagina/anus; between the toes; deep in the ears; nostrils; eyes - as well as lack of oestrogen may cause laxity of muscles = aches and pains. 

Why do you feel the need to wash out the 'vagifem' :-\  which should be absorbed into the vaginal walls = softening and less dryness .  I suggest that you use the 'vagifem' every night for 4-6 weeks then see how you feel. 

That piece of vaginal tissue should be sent for analysis on an 'in case' basis .  If the area is dry then it may be possible for skin to come away which is why we use oestrogen replacement. 

I would suggest that 6mm is OK however; if there is an anomaly found then best to get the checked out, you then have a base line on which to sort out appropriate oestrogen replacement.

Make a list to take to the appt., let us know how you get on.  In the meantime do read the 'bladder issues' thread .

dianaswr

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 12:40:09 PM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks for your reply - what would you recommend - I will try the Seabuckthorn for sure - away to order now. Oh my no I dont want to wash out the vagifem - it just comes out with the replens - does other peoples dissolve completely as mine never has - i think exactly as you say the walls were so dry - walking was a pain - sitting worse and UTI's too.
Will go read the bladder issues thread and thank you :)

D x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 12:49:19 PM »

Stop the replens.  Pronto. 

I suggest that U use the atrophy treatment internally on it's own for at least 14 nights.  Otherwise U won't know what is/not working.  Initially the vagina may be too dry to absorb so there will be some loss of product.  Once the tissues becomes moist and supple, 'vagifem' should be absorbed easier. 

Once you get relief with the 'vagifem' you can if necessary add to the outer labia 'yes', 'sylc' KY Jelly - if my labia are dry and itchy I simply add a little 'ovestin' or KY at night.  'ovestin' is similar and delivered into the vagina with a washable applicator rather than a pellet ;-).

If necessary put a 'vagifem' up there mid-afternoon and again in the evening a couple of times a week, with a few nights gap. 

dianaswr

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 02:52:50 PM »

CLKD - thank you so much for the advice - just heard all my bloods have come back as normal - so just the hydroscopy to go in August now - but I will sleep tonight and will go get some of the things you suggested - and stop the Replens
xx

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 02:56:19 PM »

That's part of the battle done, once the biopsy is over you can then make decisions.

In the mean time, keep on with the vagifem.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2022, 08:58:52 PM »

How many Vagifem do you use a week? I never managed on anything less than 5 a week. You can get bleeding if the atrophy is severe and it sounds like yours is.
Stop the Replens, awful stuff, i used it in the early days before i became aware of topical estrogen. It actually made me more sore when using it.

dianaswr

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2022, 03:38:36 PM »

Hi Tinkerbell,
I use it 3/4 times a week - but it never seems to dissolve like I would expect it to - then comes out in a smooshy blob :(
I guess after I get the hydroscopy I can ask about a the estrogen gel instead of vagifem - worth a try :)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 04:02:16 PM »

It is probably due to the tissues being dry which lacks absorption?

Do U have a date for the biopsy? 

joziel

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 07:46:48 PM »

I agree you should stop the Replens from everything I've heard about it.

The thing is: If you are really really dry up there then 1) the Vagifem isn't going to dissolve (for stuff to dissolve it requires a certain amount of liquid - that is what 'dissolving' is!) and 2) if it's not dissolving then you can't absorb it and you're not benefitting from it and will remain dry (vicious circle) and also 3) if you're really dry it's very normal to bleed tiny tiny amounts - through cracks in dry skin  :(  :'(

I use Vagifem and I don't get any of it coming out the next day undissolved. I don't see anything at all coming out.

So here's the thing, you have to get some LIQUID up there(!) so your Vagifem can dissolve. Then you will begin to benefit from the estrogen.

I recommend you get some YES VM preloaded applicators OR you can get the big tube of YES VM and then buy vaginal applicators separately on Amazon to load up yourself. (That works out much cheaper.) There is a knack to using the vaginal applicators you buy separately and at first you will get YES VM everywhere  ;D except up your V-J-J but you will get better at it with practice!

Squirt the YES up there any night you are not using the Vagifem, immediately before bed. On the nights you use the Vagifem, coat the outside of the applicator with some YES VM. This will help you get it up there comfortably but also give it a bit of liquid to dissolve in.

Ta da! Yes VM is natural, organic, and has no nasty chemical stuff in it like Replens. You can check it out on their website. For internal use, I use YES VM (although I don't need it anymore!) and for external, YES OB - which just works for longer on the outside because it is oil-based.

dianaswr

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2022, 02:31:55 PM »

Hi ladies
apologies for the lack of replied - been a bit of a week or so of it - firstly my dad was ill and last  week my sister got diagnosed with a brain tumour - honestly you cannot make it up - one thing after another oh and my dog died :(
That makes so much sense - and why the vagifem comes back out - am probably not getting any benefit at all from it - my hydroscopy date is 18th Aug so will see what that shows - just delighted that the C125 came back very low - so that put my  mind at rest for myself a bit.
Thanks for all the information - amazon ordering again now

D xx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2022, 02:48:28 PM »

It never rains  :'(

Were you expecting your dog to die?  Even when they are ill, the final days seem to pass in a rush  :-\  :'(

What type of brain tumour?  Hopefully your sister will get good support, does she have someone to accompany her to hear what she might miss?

How's your Dad? 

Let us know how you get on!
Pages: [1] 2