Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Frequent urination - worried  (Read 3712 times)

Nicodemus

Re: Frequent urination - worried
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2022, 01:36:08 PM »

I have some YES VM, which is feels nice but seems a little bit too sloppy. Is the YES OB better?

I also bought some Replens but then read a load of posts here saying it was awful so haven't tried it.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2022, 04:07:11 PM »

I have some YES VM, which is feels nice but seems a little bit too sloppy. Is the YES OB better?

I also bought some Replens but then read a load of posts here saying it was awful so haven't tried it.

Maybe use a little less Yes VM. It is very watery but maybe that helps when the skin is too dry.

joziel

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2022, 06:11:01 PM »

I don't like the YES VM, like you say it's really watery, it comes off pretty quickly and so needs to be reapplied frequently. It is water-based. (Which is why it's watery  ;D )

The YES OB is Oil Based.  ;D  So it stays put. It is made from natural organic plant oils and has no fragrance or smell. There is also Olive and Bee, which is also oil based - it is bees wax and olive oil. Any oil-based product is going to stay put much longer and be much more slippy and slidey than water-based long-term - in my opinion.

The only downsides to oil-based products are that they can't be used with condoms without risking corroding the condom and they can sometimes leave a fat-based stain in your pants because they are oil-based - but that comes out in the wash. And usually you can just figure out the optimal amount to put on which avoids that happening.

Lyncola

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2022, 08:45:40 AM »

Everyone is different, I’ve been treating VA for over three years, this morning my vagina was given me ****ly sensations, even though I use Vagifem and Ovestin last night.
I don’t worry I know after my morning shower I use Yes VM, yes it does feel wet at first, but I don’t seem to get any more picky sensations down there, sometimes in the afternoon my vagina will do it again, I know I now need my afternoon Yes VM. At the moment I’m doing so well I don’t need a second dose.
It’s taken me a long time to find what works for me, I would say two years of trying different products and how often to use it.
But what works for me won’t work for everyone. It takes time, maybe try a moisturiser give it time and see what happens. If you keep improving, stay with it, if you see no improvement or get worse give something else a go, you will end up with a draw full of treatment, good luck

Vicky81

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2022, 05:36:44 AM »

Hi nicodemus just to let you know I've sent you a private xx

Nicodemus

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »

So I passed the 2 week mark earlier this week, by this point the bladder was a lot better though still not 100% but I still had/have a pretty much constant itchy ****ly sort of feeling either on the vulva or just inside the vagina. I'd been putting Vagifem inside and Ovestin outside nightly and using either Yes VM or Sylk in the morning and sometimes the afternoon both inside and on the outside.  It did seem that mixing the nightly Ovestin with some YesVM made the ****ling go away for a few hours but it doesn't seem to do it every time I try it. I use a pea sized lump of Ovestin, not sure if that's not enough or too much or what.

At the 2 week mark I went down to twice weekly with the Vagifem/Ovestin combo and moisturising once or twice a day but my bladder started getting a bit twitchy so have gone back upto nightly. Having searched around the forum a bit more I see some women are told to do a 3 week loading dose instead of 2.

Am I right in thinking the vagifem will help the bladder but not the ****ly feelings on the outside? Should I be moisturising more often on the outside and just inside to deal with the ****ly thing? Should I just keep up with nightly Vagifem/Ovestin until I feel better all round and then try cutting down?

I'm thinking about getting some coconut oil and or possibly some Yes OB to try instead of the YesVM.

I can't wear pants or trousers at the moment, feels like they are pulling on me, thank goodness for long sundresses.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2022, 10:02:57 AM »

So I passed the 2 week mark earlier this week, by this point the bladder was a lot better though still not 100% but I still had/have a pretty much constant itchy ****ly sort of feeling either on the vulva or just inside the vagina. I'd been putting Vagifem inside and Ovestin outside nightly and using either Yes VM or Sylk in the morning and sometimes the afternoon both inside and on the outside.  It did seem that mixing the nightly Ovestin with some YesVM made the ****ling go away for a few hours but it doesn't seem to do it every time I try it. I use a pea sized lump of Ovestin, not sure if that's not enough or too much or what.

At the 2 week mark I went down to twice weekly with the Vagifem/Ovestin combo and moisturising once or twice a day but my bladder started getting a bit twitchy so have gone back upto nightly. Having searched around the forum a bit more I see some women are told to do a 3 week loading dose instead of 2.

Am I right in thinking the vagifem will help the bladder but not the ****ly feelings on the outside? Should I be moisturising more often on the outside and just inside to deal with the ****ly thing? Should I just keep up with nightly Vagifem/Ovestin until I feel better all round and then try cutting down?

I'm thinking about getting some coconut oil and or possibly some Yes OB to try instead of the YesVM.

I can't wear pants or trousers at the moment, feels like they are pulling on me, thank goodness for long sundresses.

I would use the vagifem and ovestin every single day. I always do. I know the leaflet says otherwise but for severe symptoms, daily helps.

The vagifem should also help your bladder. 3 weeks is still early and it can take time to see an improvement. I think the pea size amount of Ovestin sounds fine. That is how much I use too.

If you are dry then you can moisturise more. I had to in the beginning of my treatment. I was told by a menopause DR not to was the area in water alone. She suggested putting E45 cream on before my shower, washing it off in the shower and then reapplying E45 afterwards. I have found this really helpful.

It is understandable not to be able to wear pants or trousers while your skin is so raw. The sundresses sound like a great idea.

joziel

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2022, 10:39:40 AM »

I'd suggest doing Vagifem every night for 3 full weeks, then see if you can do every other night - at the first sign of anything returning, go back to nightly. Some women really do need it nightly. Hopefully your GP will be okay with prescribing it to be used nightly, because some can be idiots about that and if that's the case you might need to see another GP.

With the external discomfort feelings, keep using the Ovestin at least daily if not 2x daily in a thin layer but also get some YES OB. It is WAY better. It will stay there all day. You can put it on top of the thin layer of Ovestin as well. You can also try Olive and Bee, which is also oil-based and very similar. (But more expensive for a smaller tube!)

Ayesha

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »

It took about three months for a daily treatment of Vagifem and Ovestin to finally work, it needs a lot of patience but you get there in the end.
I use Sylk every day which I find perfect for me, not too watery but just the right consistency.

I've noticed in the heatwave that mild symptoms are rearing their ugly head but an extra dose of Ovestin locally and Sylk helps but its obvious to me that I still need the daily treatment of all products.

Nicodemus

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2022, 12:24:53 PM »

Yes I don't think the warm weather is helping.

Thanks Ayesha, I know I need to be patient. It seems it varies so much with some people seeing relief in a few weeks or a month and others longer.

I've ordered some Yes OB which should arrive tomorrow.  I should have done that the first time you suggested it joziel, so thanks for reminding me.

That's interesting what you said about washing flossie, as I had just been using plain water thinking that was best.

Thank you all. This place is about the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.

joziel

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2022, 12:38:35 PM »

Just a tip with the YES OB - sometimes it gets too solid that it doesn't come out (as it's oil-based so if it gets too cool, that can happen) - just run the bottle under the hot water tap for a few seconds to warm it up a bit if that happens. It seems to happen more with some tubes I've had than others.
Pages: 1 [2]