Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Am I working over nothing  (Read 1657 times)

kazy68

Am I working over nothing
« on: July 04, 2022, 05:35:25 PM »

Posted last week about cramping and aches and pains,
This went on for days,  last Thursday I went to the bathroom and when I wiped There wasvery pale pink on the tissue,
Not lots but just there, only happened the once, but the cramping subsided lots and I felt like I could function again,
Last night things got a little frisky and we ended up having sex (well it was OH birthday lol) afterwards went to bathroom and there it was again,very pale pink blood when I wiped, been having it on and of all day with a bit of cramping, seriously not a lot at all, but I am climbing the walls with worry over it, thinking the cramping might be because of having sex in the first place, I used to have this almost every time after sex years ago, and it has been a while since the last time.
Do I need to be this paranoid and anxious about it
We are going to York for a long weekend on Friday the kiddies brought it us for hubby's 50th, at the minute I really don't want to go health anxiety through the roof.
Any advice/feedback/help much appreciated

Karen
Xx

jaypo

Re: Am I working over nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 05:51:05 PM »

I'd always get it checked out tbh, I had red blood on my tissue but after all the tests all ok,just vaginal atrophy. Do you take any HRT?

kazy68

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 05:56:51 PM »

Thx for reply,
 no I don't take hrt dr wouldn't prescribed it for being overweight,
Forgot to mention I was on antibiotics fast week for water infection, Dr diagnosed that over the phone, I think it was due to sciatica wich I was taking naproxen for with lanzoprazol for stomach.

Amerififer

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 06:20:06 PM »

Thx for reply,
 no I don't take hrt dr wouldn't prescribed it for being overweight,
Forgot to mention I was on antibiotics fast week for water infection, Dr diagnosed that over the phone, I think it was due to sciatica wich I was taking naproxen for with lanzoprazol for stomach.
Quite possible that the Urinary Tract Infection isn't completely gone.. I'd take a sample to be tested tell them your symptomatic.. I've had UTI's in the past that took THREE lots of antibiotic and two different types to get rid of.. Was a nightmare... Hope it is sorted soon :) x

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 06:27:04 PM »

Ah ok,yes,it could all be linked but recurring UTIs can be down to menopause,if it keeps happening please do ask for vagifem,it's very low dose and can be used safely

kazy68

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 06:33:28 PM »

Tha all for replies,
That has put my mind at rest a little, I will see if I can get to see gp in the morning,
Still not seeing many at our surgery took me a week to get phone app last week
Thx again  x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »

Bangs Head on Wall - a urinary tract infection CANNOT be diagnosed over the 'phone.  What was the GP thinking about, probably didn't want to do a face2face !!!  Was a fresh urine sample sent to a Lab. kayz68?  Get yourself some 'vagifem', ASAP.  Enjoy your time in York, 1 of our fav Cities ;-). 

How is your weight, much over what the GP would like you to be?  That is not really a reason not to prescribe HRT, mayB think about getting an appt at a dedicated menopause Clinic.  Of course, your GP is remiss in not recommending that you chat with a dietician!

kazy68

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »

Sample bottle was given to me by receptionist, gp never asked for a sample, hence nothing sent to lab for testing.
Forgive me for coming across thick but do you have to have dryness to have VA I been reading up on this but I don't have dryness down there, or is it you get some but not all symptoms.
I am very overweight got worse during lockdown sadly, I am trying my hardest to get this under control, it's coming of slowly,
 I have had 3 appointments now for menopause clinic all phone appointments and all 3 been cancelled each one the day before, so annoying.
Cant wait to go to York one place we have never been so lookin forward to the break was thinking of going on Wednesday and booking ourselves in to a hotel for 2 extra days as the weather is going to be lovely, we don't get much time on our own just lately hubby away with work a lot , sound daft but we need some us time.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 08:35:47 AM »

Enjoy your break.

3 appts cancelled, sounds par for the course these days  >:(

I wasn't dry externally, but higher up!  VA treatment solved it and you won't do any harm by giving it a 'go'. 

Had you considered Weight Watchers for guidance?