Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does covid disrupt hormones??  (Read 1019 times)

Vicky81

Does covid disrupt hormones??
« on: July 04, 2022, 11:45:06 AM »

Hello
Just to hopefully put my mind at rest, - I got covid 7 days ago and since this time it feels like my physical feeling of anxiety has returned.
Now, I did start marvelon contraceptive pill on yhe same day I got covid,, so I put it down to thst as I've been feeling jittery, hands shaking- the same feel I had on too high a patch.
I've now re-started zoely (low dose combined contraceptive pill) as I was fine on this previous, no shaking or anything.
I'm just worried that covid could have caused me to feel this anxiety again? If so, does this go away once covid has left the body?
Thanks ladies xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Does covid disrupt hormones??
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2022, 12:00:04 PM »

Why not stick to your original thread  :-\ because I did reply to your query over there.

Yes. It is known that Covid can disrupt hormones. 

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2022, 12:03:42 PM »

Thanks 4 replying i guess what I'm trying to get an understanding of from ladies who may have been through it....if this is true or not? And more so does it pass,, and how would it affect me being on the contraceptive pill.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 12:08:02 PM »

Are you still testing positive?

Taz x

Vicky81

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 12:20:16 PM »

Hi taz, was negative last night and this morning xx
Just feel worried to death if I'm honest that vovid has caused this yo come back.....

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 12:20:56 PM »

.....still got symptoms though....very sleepy with cough x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 01:13:39 PM »

You did well to clear it quickly but its still possibly early days in your recovery. I would think the anxiety has been caused by the fact you had covid and that feeling of not being in control of what might happen?

Taz x

Marchlove

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 01:21:25 PM »

You can’t go by the test Vicky. If you still have a cough and feel tired then you still have a viral load even though the test is negative.

I’ve known people who’ve had all the symptoms but never got a positive test. Perhaps they had a different virus, who knows, so symptoms should be what you go by.

It can take 2/3 weeks for this to clear and in some people even longer.

Yes covid can effect your mood as well as having the physical symptoms, so there’s nothing you can do but wait for it to calm down.

Hopefully it will clear by the weekend for you
X

Vicky81

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 01:41:22 PM »

Aw thanks taz and marchlove....very nice of you to reply.
Yeah I thought that! How can it say negative when I feel rough.
So you both don't think this has affected my hormones?,

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 02:17:06 PM »

Guys its the fatigue too, I cannot keep my eyes open....

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 03:27:21 PM »

It's normal for the fatigue to last for up to three weeks after you've cleared the infection. You need to support your recovery by eating well, lots of fluids and trying to get enough rest.

Taz x

alibeau

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 03:49:30 PM »

I had COVID back in March, I tested negative on day 5 but continued to feel completely wiped out for at least three weeks afterwards….

I just rested where I could, accepted the situation for what it was and just gave myself time to recover…

And yes my hormones/symptoms felt like they were a bit all over the place for a while…

Take care,

Ali x

Vicky81

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 04:14:48 PM »

Aww thank you taz and alibeau.

Yes on the bed now in and out of sleep,, corrr i just feel so lazy. Oh well i take your advice and just allow it to happen.

Alibeau- in terms of hormones...did you have to alter any medication? Or did everything just calm down after the 3 weeks? Xxx

alibeau

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2022, 12:55:29 AM »

Aww thank you taz and alibeau.

Yes on the bed now in and out of sleep,, corrr i just feel so lazy. Oh well i take your advice and just allow it to happen.

Alibeau- in terms of hormones...did you have to alter any medication? Or did everything just calm down after the 3 weeks? Xxx

Sorry to sound like a stuck record but i would only ever alter my medication in super dire circumstances. I am still peri and so I have learnt to ride the ups and downs as I guess my own hormones are still fluctuating in the back ground….. I always remind myself that the bad spells won’t last forever and things always balance out again of their own accord….

The only alteration I ever make is when I am using the ‘green’ oestrogel as I do find I need slightly more than when I am using ‘amber’…..

Take care and hope you feel better soon x

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2022, 05:50:24 AM »

Hi Ali thank you.

Sorry if I'm sounding dense (probably am) but when your hormones went haywire while having covid....was it psychological symptoms like crying?, anxiety or depression yiu felt during this time?

And did they go back to normal off their own accord?, I'm on the birth control pill (early days)
And feel like covid has brought back the physical anxiety feel....that's why I'm asking as I'm panicking I guess!!!

Many thanks xxxx
Pages: [1] 2