Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Confused about Oestrogel / continuous Utrogestan  (Read 1162 times)

ljcybergal

• First Flush
Confused about Oestrogel / continuous Utrogestan
« on: July 06, 2022, 11:59:43 AM »

Hi all - was hoping someone could clear up my confusion! ;D I am post-menopausal and have been happily on 3 pumps of Oestrogel and 100mg oral Utrogestan for the last few years.

1. I was wondering though how the continuous Utrogestan works, i.e. I never have a bleed (which is wonderful!), but without bleeding then how is the uterine lining kept thin?

2. Was also wondering generally, what are the side effects of accidentally missing a dose of Oestrogel, and / or of Utrogestan, and how long it takes to get back on track if this ever happens?

3. Yesterday afternoon I unexpectedly had some spotting and slight cramping, and am trying to figure out how / why.

Last week I was travelling away from home and for the first time, I decanted the correct amount of Oestrogel into a small plastic travel pot instead of taking the whole bottle with me  - I'm wondering then if my dosing each day wasn't as accurate as usual. Also, I'm thinking that I could have forgotten to take my Utrogestan pill night before last.

Yesterday I waited until evening as usual to take my next pill (as I got paranoid and then imagined that I might have done the opposite by mistake and took TWO pills!  ;D ), and there's been no more spotting since yesterday, but still feel slightly crampy.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance  :)

loulou2

Re: Confused about Oestrogel / continuous Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 01:33:49 PM »

Hi I was wondering the same thing....

1. I was wondering though how the continuous Utrogestan works, i.e. I never have a bleed (which is wonderful!), but without bleeding then how is the uterine lining kept thin?

Dotty

Re: Confused about Oestrogel / continuous Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 03:28:24 PM »

Hi the Utrogestan keeps the lining thin.  If you miss a dose then this might result in some bleeding .