Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What to do?  (Read 985 times)

Vicky81

What to do?
« on: July 03, 2022, 07:21:49 AM »

Hi all
So I started marvelon combined pill 6 days ago in the hope it will stop fluctuating hormones.
Yesterday and especially today as I write this I have excruciating lower back pain ,, that I'm struggling to get out of bed wigh.
Prior to this I was on zoely and didn't have any of this at all.
I'm seriously thinking of going back to zoely but wanted to see what you ladies think?
Should I not take anything for a few days then start zoely again? Or start it from thus m?

Thanks xxxx

ElkWarning

Re: What to do?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 09:14:44 AM »

Hiya. Sorry you're having a crappy day. Have you tried paracetamol and drinking 2 litres of water a day? If not, maybe give that a whirl before changing your medication.

Hope things get better for you soon.

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 09:26:47 AM »

Thanks elk.
Have rang gynaecologist help line as was in tears this morning yhe first time in ages. She said its the marvelon and to go back on zoely

Nas

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 10:09:28 AM »

Why did you switch from zoely to marvalon to begin with?
6 days in, your body is probably adjusting yet again to something new.
What is marvalon meant to do, that zoely couldn’t?

Be careful Vicky, lots of chopping and changing again, the body won’t like it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 10:12:19 AM by Nas »

ElkWarning

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 10:48:38 AM »

Have to say, I agree with Nas.  The body is a funny thing and it doesn't usually process as fast as we can think.  There's often two choices:
1. Do something
2. Do nothing
Occasionally, people forget about the second one because we all tend to believe we must do something.

Hope you get a chance to take it easy.

Marchlove

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 11:12:28 AM »

Vicky

Covid can cause lower back pain too. It’s a shame you changed medication right when you got covid as it will be very difficult  to tell what’s causing what!

Why did you change from the zoely?

As Nas says you have to give things time to settle

X

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 12:24:32 PM »

Hi marchlove and nas.
I know...I can't believe I got covid the sane time as marvelon!!!

I switched to marvelon u der the "belief" that it would work much better at suppressing fluctuations.
The gynaecologist told me zoely works fine to suppress....silly me....I shouldn't have jumped the gun.
I feel jittery, anxious like its been too much oestrogen.  I had this on yhe patches.
You know, I've just come off the phone to my mum and said everything was going good last week....I even went out sat night 4 a meal and had a beer! Something I've not done in a year.
She said it sounds definitely like its the marvelon thats done this x

Nas

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 12:26:41 PM »

You best get back on Zoely ASAP,  me thinks Vicky 🤞🤞

sheila99

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 12:34:32 PM »

My hrt stopped working for a month after the covid jab so I assume the same thing can happen when you get covid. Perhaps if go back to zoelly you should stay on it for the full 3 months before changing again so can you can be sure covid or it's after effects aren't causing the problems.

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 01:58:01 PM »

Thanks nas and sheila- I will do! Xxx

joziel

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 02:04:40 PM »

Zoely is quite low in estrogen, but it is body identical estrogen. Marvelon is synthetic estrogen...

If you are feeling jittering and hyper and on edge, my current research(!) is going to make me think of histamine again. I wonder if this type of reaction to estrogen (which we seem to see a lot of really, but doctors seem to be at a loss with, other than reducing estrogen) is really about the fact that estrogen causes histamine to increase.

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 06:02:02 AM »

Oohhh ok....how would I get tested for this?,
And what medication sorts this out?,

Marchlove

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2022, 07:42:23 AM »

You can’t get tested as such and there is no medication Vicky, it’s primarily lifestyle choices for people who have allergies and asthma. You’ve never mentioned any of these symptoms.

You have Covid. That can be causing the symptoms you have described.
You have to wait for covid to clear your body and then see how you are doing on the Zoely over the course of a few months.

You can’t go chasing random symptoms with different medications, that’s not the way it works.

Lie down, rest, sleep and wait…. x

joziel

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2022, 07:46:29 AM »

Oh I somehow missed you had Covid! I agree with marchlove, you’re not going to know what is due to that and what is anything else until you get better. So get well soon…