Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 1036 times)

Veganpod

• First Flush
Testosterone
« on: July 03, 2022, 08:38:39 AM »

Looking for some advice, I am a patient at Newson health and have been on hrt for 5 months now. I still have a low libido so I am interested in getting the testosterone but I am told I need a blood test prior. My NHS doc won’t issue it so I will need to get it done privately. I had a look online and there are so many different names for it, does anyone know in more detail what test we need¿ I noticed a lot of home kits, but maybe they are not the right level of detail…. Thanks in advance for any advice, much appreciated  :)

ATB

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 10:14:50 AM »

Hi, I’m with Newson also. They didn’t ask me for a blood test before prescribing HRT, Inc testosterone which I’ve been on since November. They did say I needed a blood test after 3-4 months of testosterone and then every 12 months.

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 12:42:49 PM »

Hi,my daughter has just been prescribed Testosterone,but she did have to go private and have a blood test first
She is really pleased,as within days it has made a difference to her libido, but worried as hair falling out,which i am going to address in a different thread
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 01:42:00 PM by jaycee »

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 02:20:57 PM »

I am also with Newson. I didn't need a blood test before getting testosterone - but I did after 3 months, to get more. And I understand a test will be required yearly to keep getting it.

Newson have their own network of private blood testing providers around the country. Give them a call or email and ask for information on your nearest location.