Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: water retention  (Read 800 times)

KaraShannon

water retention
« on: July 02, 2022, 09:14:11 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone else has felt they are retaining water to the extent where they actually look puffier in the face etc?

I think I have been in the last month, a bit worried about it, but it goes away after my period and that has just started today, so hoping it will all go away.  It can't be healthy though can it?  Heart failure? 

Oh by the way my anxiety is at it's worst atm as well  ;D

Dierdre

Re: water retention
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 08:28:02 AM »

Do your ankles swell? Thats a sign of heart problems but it would be constant. Sounds more hormonal as it goes with your period, drink lots of water, it does help.

Clarella

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 08:49:21 AM »

I found going from 50 to 75 caused this a lot. It was less after my period and I found I had to wear support socks and drink loads when it was v hot just before which helped. I’ve been trying to exercise but found this hard during and after my period.

I’m assuming it will settle.

I know I don’t often drink enough!

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 11:48:56 AM »

Do your ankles swell? Thats a sign of heart problems but it would be constant. Sounds more hormonal as it goes with your period, drink lots of water, it does help.

they do swell but I had an echocardiogram and other tests at my own request about 4 years ago and was told the swelling was not related to my heart.  I am on a low dose beta blocker which might be the reason

at the moment my anxiety is sky high so I would not want to go and have any checks. 

I think I'm a bit burnt out and just need to be alone for a week (don't we all), a lot of people need me who are not the best people either, I don't have my own family, no kids, etc, but still seem to be the one a lot of people turn to.  I don't mean to complain it's just that I'm feeling it at the moment, they are not interested at all if I mention my own problems.  Sometimes I think my health would improve if I just stayed away from everyone for a week.

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 11:54:30 AM »

I found going from 50 to 75 caused this a lot. It was less after my period and I found I had to wear support socks and drink loads when it was v hot just before which helped. I’ve been trying to exercise but found this hard during and after my period.

I’m assuming it will settle.

I know I don’t often drink enough!

This is helpful to know.  I'm on 100 and have been for 3 months continuous.  I've not taken any progesterone as I reacted to the utrogestan.  I know I have to take it so I'm planning on going back onto evorel sequi norehisterone 14 days from yesterday.  I will talk to the doctor but I find it hard for a number of reasons atm, energy for getting to them, no time on the phone, can't get through on the phone, etc

I used to manage a lot of my symptoms with drinking plenty and some salty food.  Just lately though it seems I'd be drinking all the time.  Having said that I haven't had a drink yet and I've been up 4 hours, so maybe my own worst enemy. 

So tired at the moment.  I didn't have a virus start this time last week so perhaps it's that as well.