Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Marvelon or covid??  (Read 1662 times)

Vicky81

Marvelon or covid??
« on: July 02, 2022, 08:26:19 AM »

Hi all hope you're all ok?

I'm in a bit of a pickle...

So last Sunday I started with a rough sore throat. Monday at 9am started marvelon BCP. Continued to get worse with chesty cough etc.
Tuesday tested positive fir covid and gave been feeling very rough. No sleep, horrid mucus cough, but- shaky hands, feeling a but jittery and yesterday had a huge dizzy spell in hhe bathroom which I've never in my life had.
After speaking with my friend she said she had the same dizzy thing with covid only last week.
My question is- is this covid making me feel out of it and more jittery? Or would it be the marvelon?
I'm only day 6 today and haven't had any other symptoms other than lower back pain this morning.
I just don't want my physical anxiety to get worse if this pill isn't right?
Thanks xxxx

Nas

Re: Marvelon or covid??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 09:05:53 AM »

What is marvelon BCP?
Sounds like covid symptoms to be honest.

Hope you feel better soon Vicky 🤞

Vicky81

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »

Sorry nas its contraceptive pill

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 09:38:10 AM »

Sounds like Covid Symptoms Vicky. You’ll have to ride it out I’m afraid.
Lots of rest and fluids. Xx

Weeloz

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 11:05:01 AM »

I had the same symptoms with covd last week . The dizziness was horrendous I had to hold into the wall

Vicky81

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 11:21:56 AM »

Awww thank you all so much.
I'm here alone as my partner went and stayed with his dad.
Its horrible when yiu just feel so alone.
Xx

Vicky81

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 01:04:32 PM »

Sorry folks
Huh, can I add im feeling physical anxiety. I haven't had this for a while, not sure now if its because covid has given me this heavy head feel, or has messed up my birth control pill? Have actually had womb ache today too, unsure why.
My hands are still shaky and have actually just had a cry as ive not had "not with it" feel for ages now. I'm alone here too, no family down here.
I feel panicky that its caused my anxiety to come back,, even the sounds outside appear to be making me  a bit more jumpy.

I really don't know what to make of this...if this is covid...surely this will fade out...

Pippa52

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2022, 01:22:45 PM »

Oh poor you how rotten to be that poorly and on your own as well.  Covid really can make some people feel very rough indeed so be kind to yourself and really rest up. I think dizziness is a common symptom with the latest Covid variants so you are not alone but its horrid feeling dizzy.   Not surprised you are feeling anxious but hope so much that things start to improve for you very soon.  Take care xx

ElkWarning

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2022, 01:25:51 PM »

Hi Vicky

Really sorry to hear you're feeling so unwell. Covid proper kicked my arse - I'm back to my usual self now.

It's there any chance you can immerse yourself in something. Last couple of times I've been ill I've binged Downton and Jane the Virgin on Netflix. It's hard getting started because of the jitters and inability to take things in, but there are so many series that I can sort of get into it / doze quite a bit.

It's hard being alone when you're sick. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Vicky81

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 01:41:19 PM »

Awww thank-you both so much.

Elkwarning-, when you said it kicked your arse...what exactly happened? Did you get head like cotton wool?, more anxiety feel? Dizziness?

Pippa- thanks for your caring message...so lovely to know there's people here i can connect with xxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 03:53:32 PM »

How many days is the incubation period for C-19?  3 days to catch a cold, 3 to suffer with it, 3 to give it away ?

Take care of yourself.  Lots of fluids and pain relief if necessary; sleep when your body demands.  This too will pass.

If U are in anyway worried about The Pill being interrupted it is important to use another form of contraception  :safe: as well for 4-5 weeks.  Covid is known to mess with hormones and if V&D is experienced, then definitely reach for those condoms !
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:51:20 PM by CLKD »

Vicky81

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 04:44:23 PM »

Thanks CLKD!!!! Very useful to know xxx

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 06:20:33 PM »

Incubation period for covid can be up to 12 days but more usually 5. I'm waiting for it to strike now as my OH is generous with his germs  ;D  You are infectious for two days before symptoms arrive. Some don't get any symptoms of course.

I hope all of you feel better soon.

Taz x

ElkWarning

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2022, 09:53:11 PM »

Kicked my arse as in I couldn't stay vertical for 10 days. Crushing exhaustion. Very weak. Dizzy. Nauseous. Pretty much unable to stand up. I think it helped that my husband had it at the same time with very similar symptoms. I just have into it. I was super anxious, because I was scared I was going to die, but my anxiety and OCD is such that I'm often scared I'm going to die.

Vicky81

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2022, 07:18:56 AM »

Thanks both xxx
Pages: [1] 2