Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot patch or the Utrogestan making me feel irritable - any help?  (Read 1417 times)

CherryC

Hi, I am currently taking 75mg Estradot and 100mg Utrogestan daily - lately I have been feeling very irritable and definitely feel it is hormonal.  I am unsure whether to switch to Provera instead of Utrogestan or to try the gel instead of the Estradot patch?  Does anyone have any clues as to which may be the culprit?

Taz2

Personally it's always been the progesterone that makes me feel irritable but I discovered this when on a sequi HRT so it was easy to spot.  :-\

CherryC

Thank you Taz 2, yes I have a feeling in may be the Utrogestan.  Thinking of trying Provera to see if that is any better for me.  Also don't like the slightly sedated/tired feeling on Utrogestan, whichever method of taking it seems to cause that for me. 

Taz2

It will be worth a try. I can't have utrogestan due to the soya element but I know it can have a sedative effect. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Mojomo

• First Flush

Hi 

Having played about a bit with my HRT to see what works for me I discovered that taking Utrogestan orally made me irritable but not if I take it via vaginal route. Its a bit of a journey this HRT business!

:) x