Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Everol or estradot  (Read 747 times)

Clarella

Everol or estradot
« on: June 24, 2022, 03:29:32 PM »

Hi, I’ve been on estradot 50 but had returning symptoms and a test that showed low levels.

I was out on 75 and had one box but some owed, which didn’t look like it was coming. Gp issued a script for everol but the remaining estradot came in.

Has anyone found everol to be any different to estradot (APART from how they stick and size! Eg actually seem to absorb better etc?

During my increasing symptoms I couldn’t do beyond 3 days with estradot before I noticed a dip.

I’m wondering whether to try everol.

lillith112

Re: Everol or estradot
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 07:05:14 AM »

I was on Evorel 75 for 3 weeks due to my Estraderm patches being unavailable. They are a good size, really easy to apply, but they gave me horrific migraines for 12 days in a row. They seemed ok to start with 😞. I'm now trying Estradot which are tiny and hard to apply.

Clarella

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 07:47:53 AM »

By a strange twist I was given both patches on the same day. One was a fulfilment of a prescription and the other (everol) came from the Gp as they knew there were estradot stock issues. However it looks like there was a delivery in the area on the same day for both!

I tried everol - seemed fine for a week. Then wondered if it was wearing off so went back to estradot.

However it seems it was covid. Ffs!

Pippa52

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 09:53:42 AM »

I had the same experience as lillith with Evorel in that they gave the most horrendous migraines to be honest the worst I have ever had so the Meno consultant swapped me on to Estradot.  I am still struggling to get the dose right but although I do get some headaches they are nothing compared to what I was getting on Evorel.  I also find Estradot easier to apply and they stick better and also don't give me a rash underneath the patch which Evorel did.  I know lots of people that are on Evorel with no problems though so what doesn't suit one person will suit another..... sadly it does seem to be all trial and error and really not helped by so many HRT shortages.  Hope so much things sort for you x

Emerald

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 12:16:49 PM »

I started on Estradot 37.5 two weeks ago. My first HRT, so really new to this.   From all the reading and experience so far, I am pleased GP prescribed Estradot.  I’m in the water at least three times per week (scuba diver) and have no problems. 

I find them really easily to use and apply just below my knicker line; alternating sides. I peel both backing paper off, carefully holding the edges then applying.

Not sure if my symptoms have improved or not yet, as predominantly I get hip pain. 

Clarella

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 06:52:14 AM »

I didn’t experience any migraines on either but I don’t get them anyway (except after covid jabs!)

I prefer the size of estradot but had no issues with placing everol once I’d worked it out.

I suppose I’m querying the effectiveness- they say there’s no difference between the drug (I read one water molecule difference) except that clearly migraines are worse on one than the other.

I won’t be able to tell for sure till covid is gone though.