Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Confused taking utrogestan 100  (Read 736 times)

Tracyjn4

• First Flush
Confused taking utrogestan 100
« on: July 01, 2022, 01:27:13 PM »

Question..Only started on HRT 1st June this year. I’m on patches twice a week and Utrogestan 2 tablets at night from day 15-26. On the 25th day I’ve had a period. But still took my last 2 Utrogestan tablets. So.. what I’m asking is do I still start taking the Utrogestan on 15th July again?  :)

VanillaLover

Re: Confused taking utrogestan 100
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 02:14:40 PM »

Hi, I have the same thing….have period while not taking utrogestan, while taking utrogestan, but not when I’m actually supposed to! I just carry on taking it on a two weeks on, two weeks off basis.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

I found my own cycle was always stronger than the hrt so if I had one of 'my' bleeds I started counting again at day 1. It's supposed to work with your body not against it. If you can telk when you ovulate (many can't) you can start utro the day after and the cycles will be on sync.

joziel

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2022, 06:47:27 PM »

If you've recently started taking it, keep taking it when you're supposed to - regardless of bleeding patterns. Your own body should eventually get into sync although it might take a few months/cycles.

If you've been taking it for a good amount of time and it's still not in sync, then you might need a rethink.

Tracyjn4

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 11:28:08 PM »

If you've recently started taking it, keep taking it when you're supposed to - regardless of bleeding patterns. Your own body should eventually get into sync although it might take a few months/cycles.

If you've been taking it for a good amount of time and it's still not in sync, then you might need a rethink.
Thankyou x

Tracyjn4

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 11:30:41 PM »

Thankyou Guys x

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 01:47:16 PM »

Up to you what you do of course but expecting your body to adjust itself to the hrt cycle just doesn't work in my experience. I have a natural cycle longer than 4 weeks and spent a year trying to fit it into the 28 day evorel sequi cycle. It resulted in bleeding at any time of the month, sometimes twice in a month, far more pmt than I wanted. Fortunately I developed an allergic reaction to it so changed to gel/utro where I could change the hrt cycle to fit in with my own and everything fell into place.
If you don't have a strong cycle of your own the hrt cycle can take over but if you do have your own cycle you will bleed when your body decides regardless of the hrt cycle. You may or may not have an additional bleed on the hrt cycle. What to do for the best really depends on how far along the meno journey you are.