Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Whare am I with the menopause?  (Read 1463 times)

Brownl63

• First Flush
Whare am I with the menopause?
« on: June 23, 2022, 09:59:03 AM »

I have no idea whare I am with the menopause.  I am 58 and have not had a period for 8 years. I get the odd hot flush but within last 6 months I am having chills constantly. Fatigue. Muscle aches.depression.
Looking for advice please

Dotty

Re: Whare am I with the menopause?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 04:11:43 PM »

Hi if you haven’t had a period for 8 years then you are post menopause . You can still get symptoms in post menopause , which may get worse or better or stop. Everyone is different xx

Brownl63

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 05:29:09 PM »

Thank you. .just wondering if there is anything I can take now to help with symptoms

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 05:35:26 PM »

Have you had recent blood tests to check that your chills are not due to an underlying condition? You can have an undetected infection, for instance, that causes chills and fatigue or maybe your thyroid isn't behaving.

Failing this you may find benefit from HRT. Oestrogen levels continue to fall during post menopause.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 05:54:15 PM »

If your symptoms are caused by low oestrogen then HRT can help.

ange63

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 07:41:32 AM »

Hi Brown 163, same as me 59 years old and just in year 6 post meno.   Thought I was getting through it all - not nice at times but managing.    Was ok until 7 months ago when I started with symptoms.   Hit my like a brick!   Have the same as you chills, anxiety, and dry eye, sinusitis, tingling hands/wrists, bit of hair shedding.I have the digestive issues as well which is a nightmare and fuel the anxiety.           So yes symptoms can get worse.   I have tried HRT couple of times but gave up early as after initial benefits I felt really unwell.  Back to the doctor to get advice on what else I could try..    nightmare of a time!!!       

DreamDancer

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 12:35:20 PM »

Ange63
Not sure if this is of use to you but I watched a video on You Tube this morning (I’ve only just found this site and that one). The doctor on their, who has a menopause clinic) mentioned that some people feel well on HRT for a while and then go backwards. According to her the dosage may be the problem i.e. sometimes you need a bit more and increasing the dose makes a difference.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2022, 02:38:36 PM »

Sometimes the ovaries have a party  >:( which interrupts the cycle! 

ange63

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2022, 06:26:50 AM »

Hi DreamDancer, thank you for the heads up on the You Tube ..... I will explore the dosage thing.   Trying to keep going but have ups and downs with my energy around all of this meno stuff.     Hope you are well. x