Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How is a vest going to pass on the message ?  (Read 879 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
How is a vest going to pass on the message ?
« on: June 29, 2022, 08:24:33 AM »

Male MPs have been trying on vests that simulate the feeling of a hot flush, which some women experience during the menopause.

The event was organised in parliament by Labour MP Carolyn Harris and the campaign group Over the Bloody Moon, with former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith and Shadow Health Secretary Wes Streeting among those taking part.

:bang:  taking the P***.  Why not show real women when they are flushing?

Peana

Re: How is a vest going to pass on the message ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 12:25:31 PM »

That was my first reaction as it is gimmicky, however, sometimes it's easier to understand what something is like when you experience it for yourself (stupid example, but when I was a kid, I persuaded my mum I need a better school bag (ruckscak) after a campaign of 'feel how heavy my bag is today'). 

However, I did think they should have to wear it for at least a week to see how it felt after the additional burden of sleep deprivation!  Oh, and also have a random 'cold shivers' mode.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 12:29:16 PM »

I think that it will give men a chance to experience what an intense hot flush feels like. You have to have one to realise. Obviously they wont also get the rising sense of panic and the nausea and feeling like you have to rush to the loo just before it hits plus the rapid heart rate but they just might realise it's not just a warm, pleasant glow!

Do you think they should parade sweating women CLKD  ;D

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 04:13:35 PM »

Yep.  Women that are real, not MPs trying to be like us!  R we approaching an Election Year by any chance  :-\

ATB

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 04:18:11 PM »

I agree CLKD, I don’t know why they need to experience it to believe that it’s bad. I find stuff like this a bit insulting. Women’s bodies aren’t a novelty, this isn’t a theme park you go to for a day. It’s our whole lives in these bodies! Just believe we are having a human experience and treat us with dignity.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 04:30:25 PM »

?? One cannot empathise without having experienced ??  And it's a woman that suggested the idea  >:(

Stella2

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 04:32:28 PM »

What is next? Pregnancy and childbirth simulation???

ATB

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »

They do in fact have childbirth simulation. It’s so ridiculous. You cannot simulate any of this without a uterus inside a female body!

jaypo

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »

I agree,what a load of nonsense,although Taz is correct,what about the raging anxiety and palpitations that come with the sweats  :(

Taz2

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 07:21:08 PM »

I hold my hands up to thinking as I watched my mum struggle with hot sweats that she was just making a fuss. I was 17 then and just didn't have a clue. Sorry mum

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 07:22:27 PM »

She was making a fuss but not in the way you were aware of. 

I can't get my head around that any man would wear such a 'vest'  :-\ ........ unless they want to be back in the public eye.