Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Peri and switching from Everol Sequi to Estrogen patches and Utrogestan?  (Read 565 times)

AM16

Hi there,

I’m 50 this year and have been having menopause symptoms for a few years - night sweats, low mood, erratic periods. My GP tried to give me anti depressants at first but I persisted with asking for HRT and was prescribed Everol Sequi. I get on with the 2 weeks of estrogen patches ok and symptoms improved a lot, but I don’t get on so well with the progesterone and get spaced out, anxious etc.

After giving it 3 months my GP has now prescribed the same Everol 50 patches and 100mg Utrogestan nightly for 25 days. I questioned if this was ok as I was still having regular periods before starting HRT and she insisted it was. Is anyone else on this regime and still peri menopausal?

I also got no advice as to when to start the new regime of Utrogestan. Should I start after taking Everol 50 for two weeks? I’m currently day 5 of Everol only patches and finishing a withdrawal bleed. I’m so confused and googling has confused me even more. Thanks so much for any advice you can give me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Confusion reigns,  :welcomemm:  Browse round.  Make notes ;-).

Some find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.

Hopefully someone will be along with advice.