Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Switch to Evorel due to shortage, now daily migraine 😭  (Read 660 times)

lillith112

Switch to Evorel due to shortage, now daily migraine 😭
« on: June 28, 2022, 06:46:41 PM »

I was on Estraderm 2yrs, then 3 weeks ago due to shortage I was switched to Evorel 75 and have had continual bad heads, migraine type. Has anybody else experienced this ? I've had a 10 day migraine 😭

I am a headache type anyway even previous to HRT, but even on Estraderm the last few months I've noticed I was getting migraine mid cycle as well as during the end of the utro cycle. But these on Evorel are horrendous. 😞

Pippa52

Re: Switch to Evorel due to shortage, now daily migraine 😭
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 09:48:51 PM »

Lilliith 112.  Yes I had exactly the same experience with Evorel.  The most horrendous migraines - even had a pixalated one where my vision pretty much went completely for a while which was really scary.  Had migraines with auras in the past zig zag lines etc but never one like that.  I persevered for a few weeks but the migraines were every day and did not improve and 3 weeks ago I was switched onto Estradot 50 which seems to suit me much better.  Only a few headaches and very mild compared to Evorel and becoming milder and less frequent as the days go on.  Like you I am a headachey person anyway but the ones on Evorel were off the scale.  You certainly are not alone and I do hope you can get back to your original Estraderm very soon. x

lillith112

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 10:14:33 PM »

Pipa52, blimey I'm sorry to hear that you have had exactly the same experience on Evorel  :'(
The Dr has given me 3 months worth of these patches. I think tomorrow I will have to ring my Drs surgery as I can't carry on like this, I've been in bed all day today. Maybe I will try Estradot like you.

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 05:42:55 AM »

Well I've hardly slept due to the pain, still have this migraine day 11.  Very tempted to just rip this damn patch off but that might make it worse 😭. Roll on 8.30 when I can ring the surgery.

lillith112

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 01:19:21 PM »

Been prescribed Estradot now, but Boots are out of stock until tomorrow evening even though the prescription checker days they have them in stock ! 🤔