Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vaginal utrogestan and irritation  (Read 578 times)

florriepeck

Vaginal utrogestan and irritation
« on: June 29, 2022, 09:04:04 PM »

I’ve been taking my utrogestan vaginally for around two months ( one capsule every night). This was on the advice of my Newson GP, as taking it orally ( two) was not controlling bleeding.
But the last few weeks, I can feel constant vaginal irritation, and wonder if it’s caused by the utrogestan. I’m still bleeding anyway, albeit less frequently.
Bleeding was previously almost constant and is now around every 3-4 weeks.
I’m wondering whether to give up on utrogestan altogether and go for Provera or a Mirena coil.

Battyboo

Re: Vaginal utrogestan and irritation
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 09:49:12 PM »

Hi
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this.Im in the same situation today so really feel your pain.
I've only been using mine for a month but feel really sore and like a uti feeling .I use 100mg Utrogestan continously.
I haven't used the vagifem prescribed as well , maybe I should.
I can't help with your choice , I hope someone with experience can answer both our questions.
Just wanted to say feel for you.take care.

sheila99

Re: Vaginal utrogestan and irritation
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 10:07:15 PM »

I take it vaginally 200mg x 12 days and I find sometimes it irritates me. Not every cycle, a bit like thrush though more sore than itchy and goes a couple of days after I stop. Perhaps you would be better on something different. I'm not sure you've gained anything by changing to 100mg vaginally, I don't think you're getting more than 200mg orally?