Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Clumsiness  (Read 1124 times)

KaraShannon

Clumsiness
« on: June 28, 2022, 11:12:27 AM »

Has anyone experienced more clumsiness during peri or menopause.  I think I'm coming to the end of peri.

I just realised one of the reasons I'm struggling to tidy up is because I'm walking into doors, banging my feet on things, etc.  Not in a big way, but my brain is having to work a lot harder to do things, it's not automatic.  I've had it throughout my cycles, but only for shorter periods, like a day or two, so wondering if this is common in menopause. 

Flossieteacake

Re: Clumsiness
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 11:14:16 AM »

Me! I seem to have lost any spatial awareness. It is annoying as I keep banging my legs against the coffee table.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 11:36:16 AM by Flossieteacake »

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 11:34:08 AM »

Flossieteacake

Thanks, I feel less alone  ;D  spatial awareness was always a strong point for me so I think my brain is having a hard time adjusting to changes. 

I have a day off and I'm going to try and make tidying, etc, fun.  Not easy as it's all built up as I'm often away at work or supporting my mother, but I'll still try to make it fun rather than a huge mountain, even if it doesn't get all done today. 

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 11:35:53 AM »

Flossieteacake

Thanks, I feel less alone  ;D  spatial awareness was always a strong point for me so I think my brain is having a hard time adjusting to changes. 

I have a day off and I'm going to try and make tidying, etc, fun.  Not easy as it's all built up as I'm often away at work or supporting my mother, but I'll still try to make it fun rather than a huge mountain, even if it doesn't get all done today.

Maybe listening to something entertaining while you do the chores will help. I recommend a podcast called 'What's your problem?' with Nick Abbot and Carol McGivven.  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 12:28:44 PM »

well on that note, where do you get your podcasts?   ;D

I'm continually hearing people say wherever you get your podcasts, but I wouldn't know where to look aside from I see some also put on you tube

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 12:39:13 PM »

I'm continually hearing people say wherever you get your podcasts, but I wouldn't know where to look aside from I see some also put on you tube

I use the Global Player website. I had the app on my phone but it kept crashing. You would need to type in Global Player into google, or you can just enter whats your problem podcast.  :)

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 01:36:01 PM »

I use the Global Player website. I had the app on my phone but it kept crashing. You would need to type in Global Player into google, or you can just enter whats your problem podcast.  :)

Thanks Flossieteacake

anything that allows me to get away from sitting at the screen is good  :-)

Flossieteacake

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 01:46:29 PM »

You are most welcome.  :)

Thanks Flossieteacake

anything that allows me to get away from sitting at the screen is good  :-)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 10:02:57 PM »

Yep.  I 'forget' that I am holding items, i.e. pegs or the laundry  ::)

Bandango42

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 10:34:44 AM »

Definitely! I thought it was just me?! Fell over twice the other day (in public 🤦‍♀️), dropped a breakfast bowl, bumped into a woman's trolley, walked into the automatic doors at the supermarket. Twice. All in one day. I'm scared to leave the house 😂

KaraShannon

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:18 PM »

this is all making me feel better   ;D

Lyncola

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 08:19:30 AM »

I’m the same walking into things, banging parts of my body in thing.
This me this morning cleaning my bathroom
Walk into bathroom, my elbow was pulled back (I can’t remember what I was doing) I hit the bathroom door, with me saying Owww
I then stepped forward to move my towel rack my toe hit it, again I’m saying “owwwww”
I then step back and manage to stub my toe and the tile floor, again I’m saying “owwwww”

I’m now stumbling alone trying to hold my arm and nurse my toes. And by the way I did this all in under a minute  8)

KaraShannon

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 10:27:34 AM »

I’m the same walking into things, banging parts of my body in thing.
This me this morning cleaning my bathroom
Walk into bathroom, my elbow was pulled back (I can’t remember what I was doing) I hit the bathroom door, with me saying Owww
I then stepped forward to move my towel rack my toe hit it, again I’m saying “owwwww”
I then step back and manage to stub my toe and the tile floor, again I’m saying “owwwww”

I’m now stumbling alone trying to hold my arm and nurse my toes. And by the way I did this all in under a minute  8)

So sorry that all happened but oh it makes me feel better.  I was looking at my messy house the other day and thinking I'm developing dementia or something, I thought this is how people are found sometimes  ;D  but it's not always like this, I've been ill for a while so I've got a reason and it's a lot tidier today so getting there