Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Stomach issues  (Read 1269 times)

Bonjovigirl52

• First Flush
Stomach issues
« on: June 28, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »

Hi anyone else have stomach problems like bloating , pain , etc so annoying never had any issues before just wondering has this got anything to do with The Menopause? 

Lyncola

Re: Stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »

I got IBS with menopause, all suddenly I’ll lactose intolerant and fructose intolerant? Which gave me months of painful stomach pains and bloating. I also got lots of bloating and pains with endometriosis

Bonjovigirl52

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 02:12:30 PM »

Thankyou for the reply, it is so annoying that you don’t get told half the symptoms of menopause,the list is just getting longer !

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 03:20:30 PM »

Hitting meno can cause many intolerances and allergies that we never had before,where I used to be able to eat pretty much anything,nowadays it's a minefield,tomatoes give me awful reflux,which in turn can cause nausea,so although a chore,take note of what you eat,would you consider an intolerance test? I did one a few years back and found I had an allergy to wheat,cut it out of my diet and hey presto,no more bloat,no more stomach cramps.

Bonjovigirl52

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 08:50:38 PM »

Thankyou for replying , I will write a food diary to see what effects me, I have cut bread out of my diet to start with to see if they helps if it continues I will go for a test

joziel

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 08:50:08 AM »

Are you on HRT?

Before HRT, I had chronic constipation and flatulence - trapped wind. Like - massive old lady farts. If I was out walking, I would do a fart which was very loud and would last 3 entire steps  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The constipation was awful and my metabolism was so slow. If I even looked at food, I put weight on. So I tried not to eat very much. Which only further slowed down my metabolism and made the constipation worse and it was all a horrible vicious circle. Life was so miserable.

This changed a lot when I started HRT and especially when my estrogen got to the 50mcg patch. Suddenly my guts started working properly, I could eat a normal amount of food, and I started doing a perfect poop every day.

The trapped wind... I think it has got better, but now I think is partly caused by the utrogestan progesterone. So it's not 100% gone, but much much better. I actually think it is gradually decreasing as my body adjusts to the utrogestan.

Bonjovigirl52

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2022, 07:24:07 AM »

Hi, yes have been on hrt patches now for 6 years all ok but stomach issues started when they up my dose ,have now had blood test to check my liver and womb awaiting results on these , so frustrating,

joziel

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 07:38:10 AM »

Definitely utrogestan can cause bloating and abdominal pain I think that’s even listed as a side effect. But I don’t think they would be increasing your utrogestan dose right? You mean estrogen?

Is it possible you have endo? That can be fed by the estrogen and would cause bloating and pains…. As could a fibroid.